• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please identify this part

ClockworkSkin

I replaced the vacuum hose and it fixed my shifting woes. However this rubber piece is also dry rotted and I'm not sure what the part is, or more importantly where I can find a replacement. Can anyone help?

Attachments

m35tech

I used to have a 6.2 book laying around at home, I think I gave it to a buddy, you may be able to roll to advance auto if you have one close, ? does it have a wire connected to it

I just pulled the one of my truck. It's simply a connector. The two ports do not interconnect, and they both go straight through. You could ostensibly eliminate it and plug the hoses directly into the regulator the rubber piece is plugged into, if they are long enough, and the port sizes match.

ClockworkSkin

Ok thanks. I'll play with it this weekend. I don't have the truck at my house so, sadly enough, I don't see it everyday. It should soon be titled in my name and street legal.

I'll play around with it and see what I can do.

Thanks again for everyones help.

HAWKMAN

That is a vacuum regulator valve, I just eleminated one from a truck I built due to it's malfunctioning.Truck trans seems to shift just fine without it. :-D

superburban

That regulator valve thinger helps to regulate the firmness of the shifting on the TH400. You can operate without one.... ...for a while. It's not good for longevity of the transmission. You can find parts for CUCVs at any Pick-N-Pull type junkyard. They are full of 80s GM trucks (gas and diesel). That part is the same on the civy trucks.

kentuckycucv

My tranny was shifting hard at High rpms... I replaced the hoses that were broken now the transmission seems like it shifts softer at lower rpms.... Is that good?

Mine is usually in 3rd by 20-25 miles an hour, soft, but definite shifts. If that's what you're gettin I would assume it's good. Mine's been shifting like that for 2 1/2 years now.

I had the high rpm hard shifting when I got it, same thing, rubber hoses missing/cracked. Was kinda cool barking the tires every time it went into second until it happened in front of a cop. Good thing I knew him. hehe

Last edited: