• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please save me

sloryd

truck

Well I just bought it....... Looks like I have another project to keep me busy for a while. I am excited I have always wanted one of these. Hope I didnt do bad
on this. Will try to pick it up this weekend.

Then I went to check the mail and my first AARP card came in today. I just tuned 50 last month. They don't waist any time.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got it. Hate to see MV's go to scrap. If you need any help feel free to ask. Looks like SS saved another one from the pit.

sloryd

I agree....seeing an MV going to the scrap yard is heatbreaking to say the least. It has been many years since I have done a frame off restore of a vehicle with 4 wheels. I mostly restore motorcycles. So this will be fun.

txdodge43man

Do you know a Coy that is a member of the museum and has a M35?

sloryd

Well the man I bought the truck from was generous enough to deliver the truck to me. Good man for doing that.

The truck is rough, and you can see it has had a hard life. Looks like every person has hacked on it just to keep it going. Parts are missing and rust, but the running gear looks good and the frame not twisted or bent.

When you look at it she screams (PLEASE Help). Hopefully the old horse can be brought back life and the pride she once had. There's alot of work.

Will post pics when the weather gets better.

Last edited:

shawn085

Saved!!!!. I hate to see them just go for scrap. But I don't feel to bad if it gets parted out to keep other trucks rolling. And it's great if it gets restored.

Shawn

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of this old M37. She is a 1952, and had a hard life on the farm before spending lots of time under a tree. Neat features: radio connector in the bed, fording control, slave receptacle, early 3 lever light switch. I tried to convince sloryd to scrap it but he gave me the evil eye . . . so, congrats to sloryd for saving another steel soldier!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks