• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please talk him out of this

MRAP DREAM GIRL

:cookoo::cookoo:My better half has had a lifelong dream of owning and driving a m211. Now he has found one that needs a home. He is not a mechanic! But he is very mechanically gifted.

He is retired and we have a new small business based off of my bobbed deuce, so he is justifying a m211to our expansion. I'm worried about the work and cost involved.

Please talk him out of this:cookoo:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M211 fix

There is no cure for the Early Deuce Addiction...EDA. We just need to stand by his garage and show all the support we can until it passes. If he drinks more water they pass easier but he'll be lucky he doesn't need to pass another one immediately after the first.
Watch him carefully, if you rub his feet he can't walk and that will help avoid another one.

All our best to him, I don't know anyone that has ever passed one easily and they always regret they did.

West fleet.jpg2015 trucks farm sec 392.jpg2015 trucks farm sec 381.jpg2015 trucks farm sec 051.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Look at the bright side, he doesn't have CRS and hopefully doesn't have RSB. I got both right now and can't remember what we were talking about.

elkhtr

You may have come to the wrong place for that sort of intervention.
Where are you at in WA, maybe I can buy up all the close ones to protect you from them.

SturmTyger380

So let me get this straight - you have a bobbed deuce and he has no truck of his own? I can't help. I have the G749 disease and gave up being cured. They are so Puurrrty!!! And once you find one they turn up more often. It's like they draw you to to he Force! Alan

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:cookoo::cookoo:My better half has had a lifelong dream of owning and driving a m211. Now he has found one that needs a home. He is not a mechanic! But he is very mechanically gifted.
He is retired and we have a new small business based off of my bobbed deuce, so he is justifying a m211to our expansion. I'm worried about the work and cost involved.
Please talk him out of this:cookoo:
I'm sorry, but I can't throw my support your way. I have 2 M211's (and a couple of M35 series deuces) and I just have to say that I much prefer the M211s overall.

Heck...who hasn't seen the Rambo M135 (M211...sorta - 4 wheels).

You have to admit...the M211 reeks military vehicle..ness and besides...the steering, ride, and torque puts any M35 series to shame (IMO).:naner:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, SS (Steel Soldiers) ain't like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). We don't provide support to end an addiction, we are enablers!

I can only speak for myself of course...

First I got a Deuce, surely this isn't too much I thought and I can stop here. Then I wanted a M818. OK, power steering is nice and I still liked my Deuce.

Next I wanted a M1028A2, (needed an MV to drive to where I keep the big trucks). Of course then I had to have an S250 shelter to put in the back (that I converted to a camper to go to MV rallys). About this time I sold the Deuce.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Then I had to have a dump truck (what little boy doesn't want one?). So I bought a M929.

I sold the M818 and now I needed (wanted) a M915A1 with A/C and an air ride seat!

After buying the above mentioned M915A1, I of course had to have a trailer, hence my latest evidence of addiction, a M373A2...

You will sadly not find much help (or sympathy) here. The best thing for you to do is confiscate all credit cards and cash.

Good luck (just kidding) HAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious but can't you be banned for not wanting to spread the green fever on a MV forum? haha. :p

Last edited:

turnkey

I tired the cure....The wife caught the bug...Then I got reinfected...went thru a M35A2 then she like the current M35A3...You know power steering and such things....a friend did us in as she has a M925....Part of a case payment.....Sorry no help here except to help you pick out the next one.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is kind of like going to the beer joint and asking the patrons bellied up to the bar to help you quit drinking. :-D

SturmTyger380

There are definitely a smaller group of nut jobs - I mean guys :roll: that are addicted to the M211's and M135's. It's like seeing a poor kitty on the side of the road that just needs a home. They just need a little love and care. And it's neat that both Canada and The States used the same truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks