• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

please tell me im wrong

ODdave

While trolling through a junk yard in the UP today I found some wheels with ndt's on then. At first I thought they where bridge truck wheels and I was going to buy them for modifying. I went to load them up and saw they where 1400-24 tires which did me no good so I left. At home and realized what they where from ( he told me he scraped the truck). Please tell me it wasn't a 10ton.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 10 bridge truck wheels if you are interested, I just want the tubes out of them.

spicergear

Yep, sounds like it. If anyone wants a fun read on the 10 ton tractors, google search Vannetta Bros. Hopefully I spelled that right...anyway the do logging and have used all kinds of equipment and their write up on the tractors is great. High point, low points, parts details, pics, steer brake explanation...etc...and written well making a fun read.

camp9

While trolling through a junk yard in the UP today I found some wheels with ndt's on then. At first I thought they where bridge truck wheels and I was going to buy them for modifying. I went to load them up and saw they where 1400-24 tires which did me no good so I left. At home and realized what they where from ( he told me he scraped the truck). Please tell me it wasn't a 10ton.
If it's close enough and you want me to check it out and make sure, let me know.

Camp

ODdave

Camp, all that is left are the tires. I know it was a 10er. Went by camp 5 rd today in search of more goodies. Where in the UP are you?

camp9

That's a bummer. I thought I located a 10ton over by iron mountain a month ago. Guy had it for sale for 2 years with no takers, and he lives right next to a junk yard, so guess where it ended up. I'm over between Escanaba and Manistique south of us2

camp9

Nope, different one, but then again you never know. There were a few up here when the old SAC bases were here. I remember seeing them as a kid when they had the open houses every summer. My best memory was when a SR-71 flew in from California. The pilot was on the radio talking to the crowd telling us it took him a hour and 10 minutes for him to get there. Met a F-15 pilot based in Virginia too. It was sure fun when they had those.

doinworkinvans

Yep, sounds like it. If anyone wants a fun read on the 10 ton tractors, google search Vannetta Bros. Hopefully I spelled that right...anyway the do logging and have used all kinds of equipment and their write up on the tractors is great. High point, low points, parts details, pics, steer brake explanation...etc...and written well making a fun read.

thanks for that! awesome stuff!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any of those NDT tires are any good, save them if they are not too much $$$. That size and pattern haven't been made for a long time and 10-ton owners go nuts trying to find them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks