• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plow mounted to a m52 5 ton.

I had stated in another thread I was mounting a plow to my 5 ton. Well here are some pics. The 12 volt hydraulic pump is mounted to the plow frame. There was no space under the hood for it. I will have the wife sew a insulated cover for it. I also have new heavy duty v-bar chains for all 10 tires. Hopefully this truck will help me keep up with snow removal at 8000ft. And I will be painting the plow green this summer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
How are you powering your pump? If you just hooked it up to the first battery it's going to overcharge the second and fry them both.
But the mounts look great!

How are you powering your pump? If you just hooked it up to the first battery it's going to overcharge the second and fry them both.
But the mounts look great!
Still haven't gotten that figured out yet. I'm going to North Dakota for work for a few weeks. So I will have to tackle that when I get back. Any ideas?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a big fan of mounting a plow to the axle.
I know what you mean, but I realize a lot of trucks do this and it has worked for years, so you cant argue that... but I still don't like it. haha. I don't mean that to sound like I don't like Oilfield's plow, I do. I would love to have a plow on mine. So what other options are there? If you put gussets back to the frame at a 45 degree angle from the bottom of the truck frame to the bottom of the plow frame, would that be too much stress on the end of the frame?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks