• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plow on a M1028a1? Other ?s

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got my 6700 mile M1028a1 (M1031) to run and she runs great! All it took was a fuel tank, drive shaft, all the fluids, new glow plug relay harness, reattaching wires to alternators, dipstick, 2 batteries, and some odds and ends!. However the "wait" light stays on always. Also, the truck did not have a fuel tank or wires to it. Picked up a sending unit from a junkyard truck, unit has 3 wires: ground, pink, yellow. Where does the yellow go?
LASTLY, has anyone put a snow plow on this type truck? With 2 alternators I don't see an easy Fisher application, difficult to hook up a Meyers or Wester? BTW, I've learned a lot about this truck just reading the answers to others questions. Also got to go to the Aberdeen show, picked up some parts, met a lot of great people and got more answers to some questions. thanks!

M1009CUCV

MINE HAS A WESTERN ON ALSO YOU CAN PICK UP A UNIMOUNT SYSTEM PRETTYMUCH ANYWHERE THEY ARE CHEAP YOU CAN GET ONE OFF ANY 80'S CHEVY P/U

acetomatoco

My 1008 had a Meyers on it when I bought it from the VT State Game Wardens.. electric motor out front...running off the second battery of the 24 V system... worked fine.. sold it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks