• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PLS rims

123mack

Is there anyone who could give me some measurements of a PLS rim? I need: inner diameter, diameter of center hole, lug spacing and lug circle diameter. I've measured HEMMTT rims and they won't fit. The lug spacing on a HEMMTT rim is 3.5" and on a M123 it's 4.00" I am thinking of converting my 10 ton to singles as good used 14.00x24s are hard to find, and I can get 16.00x20s with 90% tread at a good price.

Westech

CPL
well the LHS and the PLS are the same thing.. just one more axle. So it not going to work on your 10 ton. If you want rims I bet I can get new ones but there going to be in the 700 ish range. I know the people who make them for the military.

( I drive LHS's and PLS's for the army)

country

Supporting Vendor
123 mack

we have a set of 10 tires from a 10 ton, 9 are matched

all have heavy lug, look like retreads, already on the rims

also have a good running cummins engine from 10 ton and a good radiator

will make you a super nice deal if you take them all

give a call

dave
www.easternsurplus.net
215-598-8227

jimbo*

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the wheels on the M123 24" because 20" wheels won't fit over the brake drums?
I realize 24" rubber was more suited to the super-heavy loads encountered during the 1950's and 60's, but the drums on the M123's are huge!

M1075

well the LHS and the PLS are the same thing.. just one more axle. So it not going to work on your 10 ton. If you want rims I bet I can get new ones but there going to be in the 700 ish range. I know the people who make them for the military.

( I drive LHS's and PLS's for the army)
HEMTT and PLS wheels are different bolt patterns.

HEMTT is the common 10x11.5" bolt circle with 8.75" center hole.

PLS is the larger 10x13.25" bolt circle with 11" center hole.

M1075

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the wheels on the M123 24" because 20" wheels won't fit over the brake drums?
I realize 24" rubber was more suited to the super-heavy loads encountered during the 1950's and 60's, but the drums on the M123's are huge!
I replaced the 24" wheels on my M919 with 20" HEMTT wheels and had minimal clearance issues on the front drum. I haven't measured a 10 ton, but it might be possible to run 20" wheels with a little machining.

123mack

The issue of fitting the rims over the drums is why I need the I.D. of the rims. I first got the idea of singles from a photo in p381 of Fred Crismons' book "U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles". In the photo is shown a M123 with singles on the rear axles , and standard 24" rims on the front. It could be an illusion, but the rear rims appear smaller in diameter. BTW, my M123 is a gasser made in June 1956.

Dirt71

The brake drums on the M123 are 18" Dia. the same as a 5 ton which means a 20" wheel will work, the problem is finding the correct bolt pattern which is 13 1/4 as I have been thinking about ways of doing this myself. But I don't want to single out my truck I would like to keep it with the duals. Let me know how it works out for you M123 Mack. Also still looking for those pictures you were going to PM me of your truck.
Thank you David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks