• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plug and wire questions

M1008driver

I have a few questions about my M1008A1.

There seems to be a additional 2 prong slave plug connector in the bed of the truck. Is that what it is?

I also have a lime green wire to the fuse box that looks like it's that color for a reason and no idea what it is for. The only accessories added are by me. This wire was there when I got the truck.

There is also a black ground wire on the drivers side. For what? my last question is what are the two wires from the 2/4WD shifter for?

Thanks ahead of time...

Attachments

davidkroberts

the two prong is the old style slave connector it was used before the now standard single prong was. I used to have an adaptor somewhere.

As fot the other wires, I have no idea. Every CUCV ive gotten has had extra crap running everywhere.

87k5

The additional plug in your bed is not a slave plug connection, your truck was a communication truck at one time. The wies are to power the radios that went on a rack that was mounted in the bed of your truck.

The black wire beside your door, i believe..... is for the seat belt light, it cuts off the seatbelt light when you put your seatbelt on.

The wires coming from your 4wd shifter is for the light inside the 4wd shifter, there is a light to illuminate the shifter position.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Wolf.Dose

The black wire on the left side is black with a white line in it. It is the seat belt switch line to shwitch of your seat belt light. The ones from the shifter is for the 4WD light.
Adapters from the single prong is for jump start, the "pig nose" is the old NATO stile. Adapter come in Germany for arround 10 Euro, depending an availability. I myself prefer the pig nose.
Wolf

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow it

M1008driver

The last time I traced the wire it seemed to disappear in with a bunch of other wires. I just traced it again and it is the radio wire. I will be adding a fuse when I get my new radio. There is another light green wire that was throwing me off. Thanks!

:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks