• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plug missing on transmission?

Big Red

New owner needs help. Is there a plug missing here? It's the plug in the bottom of the transmission? Anyone with info is appreciate it. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[h=6]Missing trans. plug??[/h] By rolling18 in forum The Deuce
Replies: 21 Last Post: 08-19-2011, 18:44

[h=6]Missing a plug here?[/h] By JCKnife in forum The Deuce

Replies: 19 Last Post: 08-05-2011, 12:29

[h=6]Am I missing something on the transmission[/h] By Preacherboy in forum The Deuce

Replies: 22 Last Post: 06-26-2010, 01:09

[h=6]Transmission Bolts - What am I missing?[/h] By houdel in forum The Deuce

Replies: 4 Last Post: 06-18-2006, 00:13

[h=6]Missing Plug???[/h] By forklift in forum The Deuce

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feel stupid now?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New deuce owner. Welcome!

As a new owner, I highly recommend that you get a copy of the TM, tech manual, and keep it with you at all times until the pages are worn and the information is burned into your brain. It will help when something goes wrong on the side of a dark road if the information is either in your head or in the map box of your truck.

Also, there aren't too many subjects here that haven't come up a billion times before, so spending a little bit of time searching first will help keep the site uncluttered and help you as well!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So are you broke down on the side of the road? That is what Help in the title means to us around here.

Please reserve the word Help in you titles for a true emergency.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CLINTO, CARNAC in training. Your foresight was dead on.

OK everybody, PILE ON.

Big Red is feeling about the size and consistency of a piece of chewed big red gum.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truth of the matter is, I may have been a little brash for a first time poster.

Welcome to the site.

I'd rather see a guy ask a simple question and learn the facts, than see a guy post after he got hurt or damaged his truck.

This site has a lot to offer Big Red.

One cool thing about all military stuff is, it is well documented with something called technical manuals. We have these here on the site. They cover just about everything.

We can get you knowing everything you need to know in no time.

Sorry I used the word "stupid".

Big Red

For those who were helpful, thank you. Bought the truck two days ago and drove it 500 miles home. Trying to figure out oil leak location. Wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen. Freezing my ass off outside and needed a quick answer. Obviously I don't know everything about the truck and am still learning. Sarcasm noted!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Truth of the matter is, I may have been a little brash for a first time poster.
Welcome to the site.
I'd rather see a guy ask a simple question and learn the facts, than see a guy post after he got hurt or damaged his truck.
This site has a lot to offer Big Red.
One cool thing about all military stuff is, it is well documented with something called technical manuals. We have these here on the site. They cover just about everything.
We can get you knowing everything you need to know in no time.
Sorry I used the word "stupid".
Gosh...that sounds so much better...and more like the DH I have grown to respect!!:doghead:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your seeing oil drain there after shutdown, you probably need to replace your rear main seal. Pretty easy task.

Try to determine if it is engine oil or gear oil.

Big Red

There are a few places leaking. One near the turbo and near the tranny. Gotta start replacing some of the hoses and seals when I can. It ran solid from Salt Lake to Reno. Now it's time to get dirty

goldneagle

For those who were helpful, thank you. Bought the truck two days ago and drove it 500 miles home. Trying to figure out oil leak location. Wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen. Freezing my ass off outside and needed a quick answer. Obviously I don't know everything about the truck and am still learning. Sarcasm noted!
Well FYI doghead is known for his search skills and for sharp remarks. He is a good egg in all. :doghead: He even has his own Smiley!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One thing I have noticed since the site upgrades is if you start a new thread, the site no longer throws up similar threads like it used to. That feature saved me from many snarky replies. :burn:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks