• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plug missing on transmission?

emr

Well I for one am very glad to see a guy who can take some and stay on the post :) Congrats, i always say if you cant take a little ribbin here you should not be playing with big boy toys !!! :) ... Nancy's shouldn't drive big green trucks :) .... Now did you check the brake fluid yet? hehe .... where is it ? what kind? There are so many questions you will have right off the batt, you need to read up on some tm's first, All the best and good luck with the truck :)

m816

Just for a point of information, I would like to ask, What is a "snarky" remark? I'm kinda old and I don't recall that word? I may have been standing behind the door when they went over that one.

Triple C

Just for a point of information, I would like to ask, What is a "snarky" remark? I'm kinda old and I don't recall that word? I may have been standing behind the door when they went over that one.
Hey I can help there. According to Merriam-Webster :
[h=2]"Definition of SNARKY[/h]1
: crotchety, snappish

: sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner <snarky lyrics>
snark·i·ly \-kə-lē\adverb

[h=2]Examples of SNARKY[/h]
  • <working all day with such snarky jerks is exhausting>
  • <with champagne as a lubricant, she unleashed an unending series of snarky comments for the duration of the wedding reception>
  • The writer at No. 10, Fred Mustard Stewart, died last February at 74. His obituary in The Guardian contained this snarky observation: “Year in, year out, the 600-page mark did not daunt him.” —Dwight Garner, New York Times Book Review, 24 Feb. 2008"
  • Edwards says his notorious $400 haircut and his 28,000-square-foot house are the obsessions of the media, not “normal voters.” (He does have a snarkier press corps than RFK. Not only did reporters not criticize the size of Kennedy's Virginia mansion, they wrote fawning prose about the senator in the hopes of scoring an invitation.) —Jonathan Darman, Newsweek, 30 July 2007
  • If your coworker confronts you, admit you were wrong. But don't overexplain your snarky comment—she may get angrier. —Margaret Magnarelli, Glamour, April 2002
  • Even when he pays someone a compliment, it comes out snarky; recently Valentine said he thought Atlanta's Bobby Cox should be named National League Manager of the Year “because he's had to manage this year.” It doesn't matter that until Monday, Valentine managed 1,703 games without making the playoffs. —S. L. Price, Sports Illustrated, 11 Oct. 1999

Triple C

Sorry. Don't know where my closing quotation mark went, it should be behind - 1999" All directly from the Webster website. Direct quote.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For those who were helpful, thank you. Bought the truck two days ago and drove it 500 miles home. Trying to figure out oil leak location. Wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen. Freezing my ass off outside and needed a quick answer. Obviously I don't know everything about the truck and am still learning. Sarcasm noted!
Yup, give it a smell! A LOT of these trucks have issues with gear oil getting warm in the trans and then escaping out of the input shaft, so you think you have a bad rear main seal. It has happened to me and a few others. Is it coming out of the drain hole?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
One thing I have noticed since the site upgrades is if you start a new thread, the site no longer throws up similar threads like it used to. That feature saved me from many snarky replies. :burn:
To add to this, I also thought we use to be able to search multiple words and/or phrases. It seems like if I have multiple words, it brings up all posts for each word ie deuce tire brings up all deuce threads and all tire threads.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To add to this, I also thought we use to be able to search multiple words and/or phrases. It seems like if I have multiple words, it brings up all posts for each word ie deuce tire brings up all deuce threads and all tire threads.
To reduce your results, search specific forums, not the whole site.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Snarky remarks are generally only made by NABOBS.:papabear: