• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

AaronW

If anyone needs my exact address, please send me a PM.

Things are looking great for next weekend. I have heard from most on the "confirmed" list. With any luck at all the great weather will hold.

We still have lots of room for late comers. If you are a lurker on the site and are thinking of dropping by, by all means come on over. Just be prepared to fight for your food.:) To find us, just follow the trucks after the Fun Time Festival Parade in Napavine on the 17th. Or, Follow the smell of burning diesel and WMO.

Varyag

I can bring a bug zapper Just in case.

Also, did you know that having 3 drums full of atf/oil one one side of the bed can cause the truck to lean... Need to balance the load a bit.

Stan Leschert

I won't be coming, but, a good friend, (and a new member) Col. John Carter CF. Ret., will be in the area, and would like to hook up with you lot if possible. He will be in a civvy camper van, and will pick your brains about the hobby. When he was still in the service, he helped with the restoration of an M-37 that his unit procured for their museum.... John was the Commanding Officer!
Cheers, Stan.

Josh

Hey guys, I need to grab a new set of NDTs, If any of yall swing by brads or have a pair for sale? I know brad sells em 50 bucks each on rim. I have cash in hand, and Would be awesome if someone could pick a pair up, or have a spare pair laying around.

Also, Anyone have a spare brake pedel return spring? or can give me messurements on how long it should be, the -20P was very pain in the ass to try and find it.

AaronW

I won't be coming, but, a good friend, (and a new member) Col. John Carter CF. Ret., will be in the area, and would like to hook up with you lot if possible. He will be in a civvy camper van, and will pick your brains about the hobby. When he was still in the service, he helped with the restoration of an M-37 that his unit procured for their museum.... John was the Commanding Officer!
Cheers, Stan.
Col. John is welcome to stop by or camp out during the convoy. Thanks for the heads up Stan.

Completed second part of journey to PNW 2010 at quarkz,s last night! only 11/2 hours late going thru all the Mayberry towns! Didn,t run into Barney Fife though!!! Had a good time with Tony and took some more pictures at his place. Blew a tire on the 5th wheel at the bottom of SNOWQUALIMIE PASS just before exit at NorthBend I carry 2 spares. Arrived at Lake Sawyer Resort at Black Diamond at noon. Srodocker do you want me to meet you at Arlington or do you have other ideas? Or suggestions? Let me know ok? Will post a couple of pictures lkhunter later tonight. elkhunter

Josh

Josh, you still need tires? I thought you got a bunch from those trailer axles?

I just replaced all 8 of my rear tires, and the fronts still had 30-40% when I did that. Now the front ones are toast, and once has a nice slice in the center of the tread from what I presume was a rock. Im going to slap on a couple of less ****ty tires I have laying around, but I still need another pair of new ones.

wsucougarx

You know Josh, I think we got the last of the good NDCC's. The rest were a bit dry rotted and had splits. I'm sure Brad has a stash somewhere on his compound for his trucks. We'll need to recon those Conex boxes next time, gees Brad doesn't even know what's in them:)

5_TON_TOMATOE

First leg of trip to PNW 2010 complete, on my way to Kennewick to spend a night with quarkz Had a good time with Sgt. Sam and seeing his M62 Wrecker. What a beauty will take pictures of it. elkhunter
I wish I could bring my M-62, but she just isn't ready- maybe next year. Can't wait to see pics:)

ABN173

I just replaced all 8 of my rear tires, and the fronts still had 30-40% when I did that. Now the front ones are toast, and once has a nice slice in the center of the tread from what I presume was a rock. Im going to slap on a couple of less ****ty tires I have laying around, but I still need another pair of new ones.

Josh, you should be good to go, I mean even if the tire wears through or seperates you have enough fix-a-flat in there to keep driving rofl

wsucougarx

JUL17 I-5 South Convoy to Napavine

Wow, we're less than a week away guys! OK, is anyone interested in convoying down to Napavine on the morning of 17JUL with 5_ton_tomato and I? The plan is to meet between 0700-0730 hrs and depart promptly at 0730 hrs. We can meet on or around exit 99 I-5 South. This area has a two truck stops we can meet at. However, with it being in the morning, I'm not sure how many sleepy big rigs will be there.
I know there is another rally point at the Tacoma Mall, did you guys want to join us or have us join you? Just need to know about what time you'll be heading through Tumwater. Then we can just roll on to I-5 and fall in behind

Mini convoy to Napavine:

wsucougarx
5_ton_tomatoe
REO 54

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks