• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

ABN173

Amber and Aaron,

Thank you both for hosting this event! It was great to see everyone, I just made it home,unpacked, and got cleaned up, but I will post my pics (once I download/resize) in the next 24hrs or so.

Why does Mike keep going AWOL for the camping portion? I already had him plugged into the fireguard schedule too! Oh well maybe we can pear him into it next year?

-Dale

PS Elkhunter- thanks for the Elk steak I'll let you know how it turns out! Tell your friend that a fellow Sky Soldier sends greetings!

REO54- thanks for the "hood ornament" (a tiny green plastic soldier)

srodocker

just got back, stopped at the outlet mall for the girl to buy some things then off we went again... and i zzzzzzzzzzzzz might try to shower zzzzzzzzz and get some szzzzzzzzzz sleep hahahha only 2hrs till i have to go to work yay...

Hammer

I just stopped in to drop the 5 ton off at the house, then go back and pickup the rest of my vehicles from Aaron's place.

For those that didn't go on the little off road excursion,,,,,, wow. It was a fun bit of off road and hill climbs! Actually found a hill that stopped ALL of us!

And only to chime in with everyone else, THANK YOU Aaron and Amber!
You two have been such gracious hosts for this and previous events. I just wish there was a way we could repay you for the kindness and generosity that you have shown both Danielle and I, and all of SS that made it to the events you have put on.

Again, THANK YOU!

Kaiserjeeps

Wow! What a relaxing weekend. First off thank you to Aaron and Amber for hosting such a great fun event. There is a lot more work that goes into something like this than it looks. The mess trailer was a hoot. It was perfect. The weather, food not to forget the elk. Thank you Elkhunter for the best burgers in a long time. I am looking forward to those log home plans. When nobody was looking I had a second elk burger. :grin: For those that missed it it was a hoot. We pretty much took over Napavine with all our trucks in the parade. The camping was awesome. THE CONVOY WAS PRETTY COOL! Especially the return trip. It was great talking with everyone around the fire. Liz and I did not go to the off-road part. We blazed home to unpack and soon a nap.

What a variety of things to do. I have a bunch of pictures. I am learning a new camera, so I was playing around a little. I need to edit every one down to the right size one by one to post them. I have some good video also. Here are a couple to start.

Thanks a million Aaron and Amber!

Attachments

Last edited:

odnorth

Made it home in 5hrs, sorry to miss the off-road part, besides l'm sure it would have caused an international incident to be the only truck to the top of the hill with Walt as co-driver. Aaron, Amber, Wayne, Mike and the others involved did a great job again. During the convey a jacket l left unsecured in the back of my deuce flew out causing the convey to come to a stop, with David and Carol stopping to find it (my bad) thanks again.

wsucougarx

Well to top off an outstanding parade/convoy, our first PNW SS parade was a success in more ways than one. Here is the trophy our guys were presented with. It is the 1st place trophy for the parade.

AaronW (left) wsucougarx (right)

Attachments

What an event! Thanks Amber and Aaron for being such great hosts!! To everone who attended and participated in the convoy and campout a big "Thank You" for making this such a wonderful weekend and the great friendships that were developed that bond all of us together in our hobby of collecting and restoring military vehicles. To those who wanted to come and could not for various reasons try to make it next year, you won't regret it. Will post pictures and video when we get a better location to post them or when we get back home to Montana. By the way we won "FIRST PLACE" in the parade and of course a trophy. Thanks again everyone for the wonderful time!! What a great bunch of "Steel Soldiers"!!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a quick update and off to beddy by.
Matt, Tony & Mike arrive at Yelm 9:30.
Mike and Tony said goodbye to Matt/Varyag after he loaded up in Yelm, maybe 2:30-3PM.
How time flies when you are having so much fun.
Then Mike and I finally got out of there and on the road about 5:30PM.
And Mike and I got back to Kennewick at 11:30PM

Thanx Amber, Aaron and the rest of the PNW crew that made this a great weekend.

Anyone interested in invading the East Side ala Columbia Basin for West Richland's Veteran's Day parade in NOV.
Guy's you can tell your wives that it is a weekend in wine country:razz:.

srodocker

you can sleep in a deuce! hehehe i wasnt the only tired one! had tons of fun guys...sucks i couldnt go offroading but work got in the way. thanks for everyone showing up was a blast. odnorth *rob?* kicked my butt in a race getting on the freeway which pretty much locked me in to getting 395's....gf loves his truck and how it looks. so whens the next rally? :)

Attachments

REO 54

Well we finally made it back to the Islands.Big thanks to Aaron&Amber for being wonderful hosts!We had a great time meeeting good people and makin' memories.We will post some pics later today of the event.
Thanks Dale for LRP rations,not bad!

Varyag

That was great guys. I had so much fun.

Big Kudos to Aaron and family for setting up such a great site. It was really fun to be in such a great group.

I got home about 12 on Sunday without much issue other then a hub that's getting warm. I will post pics when I get them off of my camera. I was just too beat to unload anything but my toothbrush last night.

I am totally bringing the family next year. My wife thinks she made the wrong choice on where to spend the weekend :p

srodocker

oh yea i didnt think 4 dozen doughnuts would get all eaten....i was wrong hahaha

yea gf told me on the way home she had tons of fun and laughs... while working on the exhaust...my name ostrich now? and she is excited about the thought of a winter run. and she wants to have a vehicle for next year but i have to tow it to wherever we go then she'll drive it around :-o

-mike *medic5050* thanks for the burners i didnt want to wake you 2 up so i gave aaron the money :)

-matt thanks for all the oil dude thats awesome and thanks for the help on my chrome exhaust hahaha. i know why my throttle was touchy. the **** throttle handle was out so it was idling really funny!

-josh thanks for the tote. cant wait to get my setup going like yours is. you defiantly need to fix your barrel plug thing though

-dale thanks for the crossfire stencil!!! my truck marking wise is done :) i'll post pics once i get back tto the deuce tomorrow

-walt thanks for lunch and running me around town! and to bad i couldnt mount up the 50cal. maybe take some close up pics of how the gun is made i think me and dan are going to make a few.

-mike and aaron thanks for hosting a great event!!! cant wait for the winter run and i doubt my "mini-rally" can come close to the ones you guys put on.

-everyone else thanks for making it a huge event. im telling everyone at work how much fun it was and how cool our group is

next year we should plan it a weekend after the JBLM airshow cause i heard it was amazing. i had a buddy in tacoma golfing and he said he saw a f117 fly over it scared him at first like what the heck is that hahaha

5_TON_TOMATOE

I just can't thank Aaron and Amber enough for the great time had by all. I know that each year will be bigger and better as the event grows. Special thanks to all who came from long distances to be a part of the event. Also, a special thanks to Hammer for his knowledge and hands on, take charge attitude, helping fellow members with their trucks. He saved my bacon last year, and even though the M V gods were with me this year, there was plenty of other members that needed a helping hand.:grd:

Last edited: