• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Hammer

Ok, here is a rough outline of the convoy route.
Note, we are starting at Aaron's place and heading north from there. It will loop around and come back up to his place to finish the convoy.
The convoy is intended to leave from Aaron house after we have regrouped from the parade.

WA-603 N to WA-603 S - Google Maps

Stalwart

Don't forget for you guys that can, the Arlington Airshow. Jane and I are starting to move in tomorrow, the 2nd. Please feel free to bring your toys in early, it is an airfield and quite safe, we will be having people on site 24/7 from Sunday the 3rd on, and our prized possessions the HEMTT and Scorpion will be there from the 2nd on . . .

wsucougarx

Hi Ed, how many hills do we have on this route. Just thinking aloud and planning on whether or not I need to drop my trailer for the convoy. My 109 likes to bog down to 40 MPH when negotiating hills. Not sure how she'll do with the extra luggage in the rear.

Kaiserjeeps

Mayday mayday!! Seriously. I have sheared off my right front lug stud and two more feel spongy. I have tried Potter webster, six states, Les schwab, Porvided Napa with their own part number 461-1210 and Nothing.

I am VERY sorry to get on this thread and interrupt. This is the biggest concentration of SS member close to me.

I am very desparate for a Duece front bearing hub or more specifically 6 lug studs right hand thread.

Will a M105m trailer stud fit? Ed up north mention this along with trying to get a hold of Josh. My trailer is at my property and availible.

I am supposed to be in the big parade. I have confirmed already.

Does anyone have a solution that will get me back in the game?

Again I am sorry to get in here with this request. I am not sure where else to focus this late in the deal.

Please PM

Hammer

Hi Ed, how many hills do we have on this route. Just thinking aloud and planning on whether or not I need to drop my trailer for the convoy. My 109 likes to bog down to 40 MPH when negotiating hills. Not sure how she'll do with the extra luggage in the rear.
This route definitely has hills!
I didn't plan a long convoy, I planned a more memorable one. And this route has plenty of hills.
There are some fairly steep hills, but most of them are down hill. The bigger uphill one will be a slow speed one anyways.

Hammer

Al, See if there are any 24 repair shops open for semi trucks. I know it's hard on this weekend, but they should have them if all else fails.

Kaiserjeeps

Situation RESOLVED! I knew posting here might be a good idea. A huge thanks to Amphi, Hammer, and to 503M715 for finding me a bearing hub and drum through a friend. Locally even.

Please excuse my mild detour in this thread. It was a last resort before the cancellation call to the legion folks.

Thank you guys! I am grateful and I owe you one.:beer:

As you were...:grin:

Josh

Situation RESOLVED! I knew posting here might be a good idea. A huge thanks to Amphi, Hammer, and to 503M715 for finding me a bearing hub and drum through a friend. Locally even.

Please excuse my mild detour in this thread. It was a last resort before the cancellation call to the legion folks.

Thank you guys! I am grateful and I owe you one.:beer:

As you were...:grin:

If you need any help, let me know, your less then 20 minutes from my house.

AN/ARC186

I might as well ask here as I may get more response. I'm looking to hire someone to get my 419s off the fort lewis base and transported down to portland where I will be storing them in a gravel lot. They are sold as non runners so I have no idea whats wrong with them. I didnt get a chance to inspect them. I can offer as much as possible unloading and loading, but I doubt very much they will let me try and work on them there other than to maybe change out the flat with one of the spares sitting on either of the 2 trucks. I gotta get them off by the 13th of july, but the sooner the better.

I work on Lewis, and have access to a secure lot you can put them in for a week or so if need be.

Buz49

Aaron.....my wife and I want to come up on Friday but we have to leave Friday evening as we are driving to San Francisco on Saturday..... hope that will not be a problem.....for the roster I did not serve...... Buz49

srodocker

ATTENTION!

We will be doing a SATURDAY MORNING convoy meet at 6am at the Tacoma Mall Krispy Kreame parking lot. We will be departing Krispy Kreame at 6:30am. Dan will fall in at the rear of the convoy at mounts road and we will proceed to exit 99 scotts lake exit for another stop and meeting point. Mike i think said around 7:30 and depart by 7:45. We will then proceed to napavine exit 72. Top speed will be around 45 not to push the trucks to hard. Any questions call (360)918-3358 and i will try to get back to you ASAP

Address for Krispy Kreame
4302 Tacoma Mall Blvd
Tacoma, WA 98409

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks