• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

AaronW

I was wondering if there were going to be any T-shirts for the rally.
I see some of the other rallies have shirts made.
It has been discussed. Dale has even offered to help out with them.[thumbzup] So far, Amber and I have tried to keep everything relating to the event "no charge". We really like that everybody, regardless of budget, can stay and eat for free. I'm sure that if we did shirts, they would have to be sold at some price just to cover materials. I don't even know where to start with them. Bulk shirt purchase? Silk screening? Design? Pre-orders? Selling via this site? Shipping? etc etc...... I have enough trouble just getting the field mowed!!

Maybe during a dinner this year we can all throw in ideas and/or decide on a team of members to do shirts as a project.:grd:

Amer-team

Well they could bring their own shirts, I could bring the stencil machine, and we could have them hands on the rig and stencil them in place. :grin: that way they would be personalized.
Am I going to be excommunicated if I can't be there on Saturday. Another AAF event has reared its head and am still waiting on the particulars.
Also if any of you local guys want to do a 4th of July event, we will be doing a displya at Borst Park and a Parade in Centralia in the afternoon. Lunch will be provided.

64c30

For those interested, and have the money, there's an M920 for sale in Longview. Go to ebay military vehicles and see the listing. It's not mine, just passing the info along.

Hope to see a bunch of ya at the Oly Air Show this weekend.

wsucougarx

My father in law is scheduled for major cardiac surgery that week. Hopefully everything goes as planned. If not, I may not be in attendance. Keep him in your prayers.

wsucougarx

Hey thanks Matt. I'm confident everything will turn out the way it's suppose to. Hopefully it's something we're all expecting. Getting together with fellow SS is one of my highlights throughout the year. Fellow SS are amongst the most down to earth and helpful guys I know. It is definately comparable to the fellow Sailors and Marines I serve alongside.

wsucougarx

***************INFO REQUEST*****************
Hey guys, I'm getting some admin stuff taken care. Please check the Roster list over for correctness (post #2). Please make sure you PM me if you intend on bringing a guest and the the roster doesn't reflect so. It would be good to know to have an approximate headcount.

Also, there are many members with an UNKNOWN military status. It is our intent to again honor current and past members of the US Armed Forces. If your status is "?????" and you are currently serving or a veteran please let me know! I am making up convoy/parade assignment sheets for our windshields to signify our current/past Armed Forces members.
Parade/convoy assignment will be as follows (MILITARY VEHICLES ONLY):
1. AaronW (lead vehicle)
2. Active Duty
3. Active Reserve Component/National Guard
4. Veterans (past military service:active,reserve,ARNG/retirees)
5. All other MV's
6. Civy vehicles (convoy only)

It is only fitting to allow those members who served our Country be placed at the front of the column. It is only by their sacrifice and dedication that we have a free nation that we all enjoy today. Though words and action can never convey our full appreciation towards them, I believe this small act of respect is a step towards that.

Also, feel free to bring out and wear your uniforms for this occassion. You've earned it and encourage you to do so.

PNW SS Admin Officer;-)

Last edited:

srodocker

I can order any type of food product you see in resturants at cost. the drinks arnt a very good discount but hamburgers buns and hot dogs that type of stuff is REALLY cheap. shoot grandmas cookies are like 14$ for a case of like 20 or 30 i think. angus burgers are 40 for 30$ and buns are 10$ for 72 count. you guys get me a list and i'll check prices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks