• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-6TH Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy and Campout

AaronW

Here we go again!

Come one! Come all! This thread is to announce the Sixth annual Chehalis River Valley Military Vehicle Convoy and Camp Out.

When: 18-20 July 2014 (Third Weekend in July)

Where: At AaronW's in Napavine, WA. Please PM me if you need my address.

Who: Open to all MV operators and enthusiasts. We prefer that you have an MV to drive or ride in, but realize that everyone may not have full blown OD Fever. Feel free to fall in behind the convoy in a civvy ride or chase vehicle if you can handle the exhaust. We have been known to fumigate entire towns!

Why: We have alot of SS members and M715Zoners and other club members in WA/OR/ID/MT/CA/Canada that need to get together and meet. And.......FUN!!

$$$Cost$$$: FREE!! All events and meals(FRI lunch-SUN) are no charge(**except SAT lunch**). If you want, and many do, feel free to make a donation that helps us offset some of the costs for food and bathrooms. We will have a coffee can set aside in or near the MKT. Amber and I enjoy hosting an "all inclusive" event. The goal is to get as many rigs and people/families as possible! With the high cost of fuel and the hobby in general, its enough that you all just show up. The more, the merrier is our motto.

Food: All meals from Friday lunch through Sunday Dinner are cooked on site at the MKT. In addition, there will be snack food and cold cuts available 24/7 if the munchies hit. BYOB!!!! We will provide water and sodas/juice. A hand wash station will be provided near the MKT.

Accomodations: We provide a level grassy field. You bring a tent or expandable 5 Ton truck or what have you. 3 portable restrooms are provided. One will be ladies only. If you find that TP is low, please let somebody know, we have extra on hot standby at the MKT You will want to bring your favorite folding/camp/lawn chair. ***There is a chance we will have a portable shower unit on site.This is a donated unit. If you have the privilege to use it, please respect it and clean up after yourself!***

Distance: Parade drive 5 miles/ Convoy:TBD

Parade Details: Our group has become the "signature entry" in the Napavive Fun-Time Festival Parade.
Roll out time: 0950
Line up time: 1000
Parade time: 1100

Most rigs will be set up in a static display area on the parade route for the public to ogle. I'd like to see 10 trucks or so to run the parade and the rest be on display. The parade trucks can join the "show" near the end of the parade route. More on this later......

Convoy Details: TBD. Check back for details.

Schedule of Events(tentative and subject to change)

THURS- All Day: Early Arrivals
Evening: Final Set-up
Night: Camp Fire

FRI- All Day: Arrivals
All Day: Swap Meet
1200: Lunch (hot dogs/picnic foods)
1800: Dinner at the MKT (Burgers/Dogs)
1900: Camp Fire

SAT- 0000- 1030 Arrivals
0700-0745 Breakfast at the MKT
0745 Drivers Meeting
0800- Majority of M/V's to Napavine for set up of show/static display
1000-1030 Drive to Parade start/Parade Line-up
1100-???? Napavive Fun Time Festival Parade
1200-1300 Lunch(**We will be in town for lunch. There are two restaurants in walking distance. Plan to eat out or bring your own.**)

1800 Dinner at the MKT (Texas BBQ/Beans/Potato Salad)

1930 Camp Fire/
???? Entertainment??

Sunday- All Day Departures
All Day Swap Meet
0800 Breakfast at the MKT
0900-? TBD
1700 Dinner for those still here. Clean up of Leftovers!
1800 Camp Fire

MON- A.M. Late Departures

Buttons: Each year we give out free collector buttons to all who participate. We will have the buttons again at no charge.

Pets/Children/Firearms/Alcohol: This is a family and pet friendly event. We have many pets and kids running all over during the event. Be prepared to be visited by our attention starved lab Zeek. Feel free to carry on the property. Because of the proximity of neighbors and the possibility of kids being in the woods and tall grass we do not have any shooting events here. Please be responsible with alcohol consumption. Feel free to have a great time and get loose. Please don't feel free to drive away while impaired! We really don't need an incident that shuts down this great event.

Organizers: AaronW(Aaron), wsucougarx(Mike), Hammer(Ed), Amer-Team(Peter). Feel free to PM any of us if you have a question.

Last edited:

Hammer

Danielle and I will be there.
I will have a guest with us for Saturday afternoon until Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Amer-team

If there is a need, would be glad to furnish the WW2 Large Wall tent for BOQ or if a family would like to get the WW2 experience. You will need to bring your own cots and sleeping bags. It is about 14x17 so can house quite a few.

This is the same tent that was set up last there last year.

The layout in the field during the parade went well last year and we got a lot of good comments. Bring your vehicles and if you have military displays that you could bring, that would be great as well. Last years displays included an ordnance display with several interesting bombs and mines and an engineer tool display.

Last year we had between 30 to 40 vehicles, from WW2 to more current M series vehicles on display and in the parade. Hope to see you all there.

brianp454

Great to hear you'll be doing it again this year! My wife and I came by briefly last year. Our son is two now and he can camp out with us!

Is anyone taking pre-orders for T-shirts this year? Any chance we can get T-shirts in desert tan with Deuces? Kid sizes?

rolling18

Sounds cool..!

I'm going to try to talk 2 others into bringing their relatively new to them 5 tons they are not on this board yet.

any off-road 6x6 thing?? hint hint ;-)!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks