• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW- 8TH Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Gathering

Amer-team

hard hat, may miss you this year as I am supporting the PBR guys next weekend with a Vietnam display. Are you up for some Desert Storm at the Auburn Parade this year? It is time for a 25th anniversary salute. Not sure how many tan vehicles we can scrounge up, but would really appreciate you there. It should be 5 NOV this year. P

brianp454

There are a couple here in The Republic that are planning to leave early Friday.
We talk about the AM, but lunchtime is more likely.

Where are you coming from?
Starting before 3PM every day it's stop and go on 5 N beginning at Capitol\Barbour all the way to the Interstate bridge.
I205 isn't usually any better in the evenings.

When/time are you leaving PDX and do you want to caravan up? I will be coming through around 19:00

NEWFISHER

Coming from Eugene area. Every time I try to leave early on a Friday and North, I spend more time waiting in traffic than driving. If I wait until 5pm here and then leave, I miss Salem traffic and hit PDX S. about 6:45 missing most of it also. My plan is to leave just after 5pm here.

Hope to see you there! I haven't heard back from Aaron on directions yet.

Josh

I cant believe I forgot to post. I am going. But whether I bring the deuce or not has yet to be decided. Its having serious electrical issues and currently it drains fully charged batteries over night. I'm also pretty sure my alternator died too. I'm debating if the gamble is worth it. Mostly because if I do drive it up, I'll prob just disconnect the electrical system and run a wire directly to my gauge cluster so I at least have Oil pres and water temp, But wouldn't have lights or anything so.... I'd also have to have someone pull/push start my truck if I don't park it on a hill =P.

jets1959

Is your slave connecter still hooked up? I have a slave cable and could just give you a jump start! I don't like volunteering other people to do things, but you may want to ask Dan to take a look at your truck to see what is up!

REDROCKET

Just confirmed a 2nd Ural to the gathering! My friend Jack and his wife are traveling from MN to WA and back. He will be in the area on Saturday and will try to make it in time for the parade. :grin:

I'm sad I can't go. Even have someone else coming from Eugene I could convoy with.
But my wife would not speak to me if I went alone, Worst than that when I make her really mad she quits cooking for me!
I pretty sure that going by myself would put her in the really mad category. (Might be worth it anyways)

Have fun
John

NEWFISHER

I'm sad I can't go. Even have someone else coming from Eugene I could convoy with.
But my wife would not speak to me if I went alone, Worst than that when I make her really mad she quits cooking for me!
I pretty sure that going by myself would put her in the really mad category. (Might be worth it anyways)

Have fun
John
Hey John,

You wouldn't be going alone, you could convoy with me! My wife is heading over to Relay for Life with a bunch of gals so its works out perfect :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks