• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Group, 4th Parade invite and race reminder

Kaiserjeeps

Greetings PNW group,

I got a call from the Aloha legion hall for a parade in Beaverton Or on the 4th. They have a few vehicle openings. Up to three. It would entail showing up at the hall at 7AM in Aloha by the Intel plant, traveling to the staging area, decorating the rig, and doing the parade. It's the biggest 4th of july parade in Oregon. The route is long and there are a LOT of people. It should be wrapped up by 12 noon. PM me if you are interested. It would be cool to see a 5 ton there.:whistle:

Then for something completely different, in August on the 8th it is truck days at Woodburn drag strip. Trucks only and it's fun. There are some high horse power diesels there. 200 foot burn out Big semi trucks, log trucks, street trucks, and a diesel dragster built by a local college. So far I have been the only MV there. 6 passes down the 1/4 mile and I never made it above 48 miles an hour. I wish I had time for my LDS install. So if you like hotrods, this is a slightly different twist.
While at the Sherwood meeting some of you guys asked for a reminder.
I plan on mentioning it at Arrons campout also.

Cheers.

rolling18

Greetings PNW group,

I got a call from the Aloha legion hall for a parade in Beaverton Or on the 4th. They have a few vehicle openings. Up to three. It would entail showing up at the hall at 7AM in Aloha by the Intel plant, traveling to the staging area, decorating the rig, and doing the parade. It's the biggest 4th of july parade in Oregon. The route is long and there are a LOT of people. It should be wrapped up by 12 noon. PM me if you are interested. It would be cool to see a 5 ton there.:whistle:

Then for something completely different, in August on the 8th it is truck days at Woodburn drag strip. Trucks only and it's fun. There are some high horse power diesels there. 200 foot burn out Big semi trucks, log trucks, street trucks, and a diesel dragster built by a local college. So far I have been the only MV there. 6 passes down the 1/4 mile and I never made it above 48 miles an hour. I wish I had time for my LDS install. So if you like hotrods, this is a slightly different twist.
While at the Sherwood meeting some of you guys asked for a reminder.
I plan on mentioning it at Arrons campout also.

Cheers.

Id LOVE to see how my LDS w/48's singled out, rpms and pump both turned up a bit would fair... maybe 50??:
I swear removing my cargo cover i must have picked up a whopping 5 mph!! :whistle:

Amer-team

This is interesting. A 4th of July parade and they could take up to 3 MV's. Why wouldn't they have 30 if they could get them. Last year at the Napavine Parade (Aaron W's) event, I counted 30 2 1/2 and 5 T's. That was an impressive lineup of green iron. Good luck and safe running for this event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks