• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Another Ahab

That is quite a ways up there from my house. Maybe some of the northern crew will chime in. Is it in good rolling condition, where someone might drop a towbar on it? Probably from the ferry cost, to get it to your side, you are going to want to pull it around the sound and back up.
There just HAS to be an easier way. :mrgreen:

Backwards.jpg

Bonsai4youbyken

Seems the injection pump/HH is stuck. I'm getting good fuel pressure from the fuel pump, thru the new filter(I changed them yesterday) and into the injection pump.......but nothing after the injection pump, let alone to the injectors

Bonsai4youbyken

Quick question. Willing to sell you/rent your tow bars for a couple days?

I found a truck to pull it but still am looking for bars.

I'd happily give you a good price or be willing to put a damaged deposit on them while on loan

Last edited:

Amer-team

Bonsai, sorry don't think I could do anything for you at this time, with work schedule and distance between us, it is not feasible for me. There has been a towbar on CL, up in that area for awhile. Not sure if it is still there and thought the price was a bit stiff, so I wasn't paying much attention to it. If you break down in the Centralia, Olympia area, let me know and maybe I could be more helpful.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dude with that tow bar is stuck. He paid that for it in a bidding frenzy. (He may actually be in the hole @ current price). It's was on CL still today.

He made it way easier for me to sell the NOS ones I had, though.

Bonsai4youbyken

Bonsai, sorry don't think I could do anything for you at this time, with work schedule and distance between us, it is not feasible for me. There has been a towbar on CL, up in that area for awhile. Not sure if it is still there and thought the price was a bit stiff, so I wasn't paying much attention to it. If you break down in the Centralia, Olympia area, let me know and maybe I could be more helpful.

Haha thanks guys. I'm quickly learning that most guys here are happy to extend a hand out to help rather than extend a hand looking for money.

That being said I am happy to pay for time and efforts ;)
I got a quote for transporting my m35 home for a pretty good price and will keep everyone posted on my findings once it arrives. I have a sneaking suspicion I know what's wrong now...but in an effort to save face I'll narrow it down before I say ����

Bonsai4youbyken

Well my towing service backed out. I'm still in need of assistance. I've called most towing company's and they most seem to work with the same guy to pull big rigs and he's out. I have had lots of offers for tow bars but nothing big enough to pull/stop the beast.

Lets me know if you have any suggestions or are available for an adventure.
Obviously I'll pay you ��

Another Ahab

Well my towing service backed out. I'm still in need of assistance. I've called most towing company's and they most seem to work with the same guy to pull big rigs and he's out. I have had lots of offers for tow bars but nothing big enough to pull/stop the beast.

Lets me know if you have any suggestions or are available for an adventure.
Obviously I'll pay you ��
That stinks. But you watch, something will work out.

Bonsai4youbyken

Update on my recovery..... Big thanks to rhurey for the set of tow bars. With them I was able to slowing move the truck from the quiet neighborhood it into a grocery store parking lot across the street where I could make the noise and work on the truck as needed last night in an attempt to get it started.......and I'm still stuck

I packed up battery chargers, a generator, big hammers, a blowtorch and a bunch of random tools with couple of my buddies to go take on the process of figuring out why I'm not getting fuel past the injection pump.

Last night after trying what I can easily case down while in a grocery store parking lot, I found I have good fuel pressure from the fuel pump, up past the filters, and into the HH.

From there is where I am stuck.

I pulled a couple fuel lines off the hh and tried starting the the truck, I was getting no fuel to come out, so I pulled to middle bolt and tested to see if the piston was moving in the HH by useing a dowl and turing over the starter a few times.

It does move but I don't know how much travel the Piston really should have.(ANYONE know?)

Next I pulled off the fuel cutoff block on the side of the HH to see if anything was disconnected or sticking.

Everything seemed like it had been connected correctly but with this cover off and trying to turn over the motor no fuel was visible ( which I think it should be?)

So that kind of left me wondering if the O-rings on the HH might be bad and I'm not building pressure internally (even though the Piston is moving?)

Maybe there could there be an actual issue with the injection pump itself?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks