• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

taperrine

Just got my M923A2 from GL auction. I'm planning on registering it in WA, and am looking for any information on how to do that without having to register it as a commercial vehicle. Thanks.

Terry

ABN173

I had to register my deuce as commercial (but for non commercial use) and pay tonnage on it, because the office at the Lakewood Town center had never done a MV before.

left_flank

winch system $1,500 (i have 2)
troop seats, bows and cover $500
troop seats alone $200
shackles w/ feet $25 ea
mud flaps $20 ea
good muffler on bracket $150
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]tool box with can holder and pioneer tool rack $125 [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]let me know how these prices are, i wont raise them id just like to know the real values. im flexible and always open for trade (preferably Vietnam era gear)[/FONT]

Amer-team

Would like to talk with you about the cab guard and the 2 small side pieces. I have a 923 with an earlier wooden cab guard. PM me please.

Also where does it say they won't license a vehicle newer than 1983 as historic? I thought the rule was 30 years old, which would put the 83 in this year and the 84's next year.

taperrine

Alternatives...

In the State of Washington, anything 1983 and newer can not be registered as a colector vehicle.
A friend of mine registered a big Chevy (550?) as an RV, but had to paint "For RV Use Only, Not for Hire" on his door. But it avoided the commercial tonnage registration. Problem is, I'm just not sure how to justify an M923A2 Cargo Truck as an RV. Hauling ATV's and Snowmobiles for folks to Recreational events? Just not sure where I can go with this idea.

Amer-team

If you have an M923A2, what is the year of manufacture? Probably about 1990? In 2020 if the rules don't change, you will be able to register it as a collector vehicle. It is a 30 year wait, with certain restrictions. I have registered 6 or 7 MV's this way over the years. Until then you are stuck with some sort of regular yearly registration.

Amer-team

I have a 1984 M923 and am diligently waiting till January to go have a serious talk with the licensing folks. Will be shooting for a collector plate at that time. I am trying to be patient and work on some minor details with the truck, until that time. I deal with a small license place her in Chehalis. They have done enough of these vehicles now, that they get the idea and how it is supposed to go.

taperrine

year of manufacture is 1991. My truck is untitled, & currently in Oregon. I was out of state, so had it deliveredthere. We live in a motorhome, & are considering relocating to Or. (Bend area). Have an additional concern: Does anyone have ideas for insurance coverage other than commercial coverage?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks