• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

In regard to your wipers, was the air pressure built up completely? There is a valve in the system that will NOT allow any of the air accessories operate if the air pressure is too low. Also, was the top lever on the light switch moved to the second or third position? The brake lights will not operate if the light switch isn't in the correct position (combat safety so you don't give yourself away to the enemy).

manders

OpSec! Whoda thunk it!!! ;-}

It wouldn't surprise me one bit that I didn't have everything flipped and twiddled the correct way. That would be great news if that's the case ...

I ***think*** the pressure was good 'nuff, you could see that air lines twitching and trying.

Here's a pic of the gauges about 7 minutes into it.
7MinuteRunGauges.jpg

Amer-team

What a deal on the batteries. Mine are 06 and 07. As for your lights, it may be as simple as having the lower left hand switch of the 3 lever light switch in the wrong position. If it is incorrect, you won't have any lights or you will be in blackout mode. If you have the electronic switch, they are a bit tricky and it may be bad too. On the wipers, if you didn't have full air when you tried, you may have a problem or you may not have turned the wiper switch far enough to get it to go. I have the same truck you have and thought my wipers didn't work either. A squirt of silicone or machine tool oil in the airline to the wiper motor, depending on which thread you read about this, may help out.

manders

Thanks for the info about the touch of oil in the air line, I'll do a forums search and get the low-down.

When started up, the voltmeter was dead center yellow and had already progressed to just touching green when I took the pic. I took this as a good sign that they were charging and the 60+ mile run home would probably put them square in the green.

Joyce at GL recommended Lakewood Towing as someone who has experience pulling these trucks. I'm going to give them a call and see what they charge.

While I've spent ~100 hours driving 38-foot motor homes, I've been reading all the posts about first-time drivers and air breaks and being cautious, etc., so I didn't want to go all cowboy and just drive it away.

I might just have Lakewood tow me to the nearest mall parking lot and a) drive around until I'm 110% confident of myself and the vehicle, or b) wait until my buddy the 1st Sgt gets off work and have him doing the driving for me! ;-}

Amer-team

Good luck on the recovery and keep us posted. Sorry I couldn't help but the week before Veteran's day is usually pretty busy. I would say if you think you and the truck are up to it, come down to Auburn on Saturday Nov. 9 for the Veteran's Day parade. I would caution that we will be forming up on narrow city streets and their will be a lot of people. If you are not totally comfortable with the vehicle, it might be a good day to not drive under those conditions. They will have an area for static display during the same time period. I am also curious to your truck number and the unit that it was attached to.

Mine is a 1984 and was attached to the 224 Eng. ORANG.

manders

... come down to Auburn on Saturday Nov. 9 for the Veteran's Day parade.
Do you have some additional details on this get-together? I doubt if I'll have the truck properly titled by then, but I've got a Ranger buddy who would probably love nothing better than to drive this in a parade and that would be worth another 3-day trip pass!!!

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With a spare 12V battery, you CAN leave HID headlights, and tail lights, and parking lamps, on for 12 hours, and still crank the engine over with ease...

In case anyone was wondering...

Ask me how I know. :D

THIS is why I overengineer my power supply. Murphy.

goodguyzy

Medford veterans day parade

Medford on 11 Nov. Lineup like last year near the park in Medford across from Sears/Red Robin. Lineup is about 0930, parade starts at 1100. I'll be in a convoy this year 916/1070 yeehaw. Anyone questions give me a buzz.

taperrine

The Spirit is Willing

Medford on 11 Nov. Lineup like last year near the park in Medford across from Sears/Red Robin. Lineup is about 0930, parade starts at 1100. I'll be in a convoy this year 916/1070 yeehaw. Anyone questions give me a buzz.
Curses! The spirit is willing, but the title, registration and insurance are not arrived yet. But I will be thinking of you guys and next time, I hope that we will be present and accounted for. Until then, thanks so much for stepping out and supporting our fellow Vets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks