• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really love living in rural N.E. Oregon, but miss being able to join your PNW convoy/rendezvous. If one or more ever wants to do a road trip to the beautiful Wallowa Valley, I have more than enough acreage to park a bunch of MV's and set up a camp!

I had ask on this thread about the military 750 gallon fuel tanks that I had seen on some sites. I was interested in mounting one of these on my M35A2 bobber, to use as a farm water truck. I found that these aluminum tanks are going at retail outlets for over $1000 each. So, I bought four used ICB tank totes at 250 gallons each. These are mounted on an integral pallet, with a steel wire cage. Total cost was $200 for all four. They fit nicely in my bed with enough room on the sides and back to run 2" hose to the back of the bed and manifold them together. I will post a picture when I get it done. Now I can carry water for stock tanks, weed spraying or other uses. I plan to fabricate a trailer hitch mounted platform with a hose reel and a Honda pump, so I will have a thousand gallons of fire fighting ability. The bonus is that I can easily take them out and have the use of my standard cargo bed.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, fine Scott.
You'll drive over to see dodgedougak, but to see your little buddy...well ... I guess that's when all of your enthusiasm flies out the window?

All kidding aside, I would attend a dry side rally. Lots of great long, flat roads running through pretty scenery over in Wallowa for sure. Prime convoying area. Plus no funny looks like they give you driving an MV in the more densely populated areas.

dodgedougak, did you pick the totes up locally?

And are you even driving your truck yet Scott? No pictures were ever posted from the CABELA's meet up.

Amer-team

Sorry, not really any pics from Cabella's. The weather was nice and the only vehicle ended up being my M923. I lost my camera a couple months ago when it was stolen and haven't replaced it yet, and my phone does not take that good of pictures.

Tototex

Brad has an engine for me! Thanks srodocker. I had called him previously after you PM'd me but he was busy working. :)

Now, I don't suppose anyone in here would be interested in helping my swap the engine? I am no mechanic. I have some guys helping me over the phone but this is quite the project for me to undertake alone.

I want to learn this stuff. Thats the only reason I am not dropping this off at the mechanic. That and thousands of $$$... :)

Another Ahab

Now, I don't suppose anyone in here would be interested in helping my swap the engine? I am no mechanic. I have some guys helping me over the phone but this is quite the project for me to undertake alone.
Those are good people to offer you the help, but mechanic's help over the phone is tough:

- It's kind of like the old "Pregnant Passenger Landing the 757 for the Unconscious Pilot" story-line. :naner:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey srodocker.....kenniwick is halfway to Joseph, OR! Maybe we could schedule a run through the trip-cities to Joseph next spring?

srodocker

Not a problem on giving you a headsup on brad. He has a few odd and ends hehe. Im no mechanic either. Best bet is to ask brad for tips and tricks. Maybe even towbar your truck over to brads house and then stay a few days to get all his knownledge

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott and all-
I have looked at dates and talked with the Supreme Commander, she concurs: We could do the weekend of May 21-22 or June 25-26, if you wanted to stay away from major holidays. If you wanted to do July 4 or Memorial Day (long weekends) that is OK, but anyone who does not want to camp would need to get reservations real soon. If you go over Snoqualmie or Chinook (White) Pass it is still about an 8 hour drive from SeaTac area at 65MPH or so. Quickest way is through Yakima, Tri-cities and then either Walla Walla or Pendleton. Sounds like you might want to overnight in Tri-cities at least one way. I can provide a few acres to camp in with porto-pots if more than a few come. We can set up a couple of Bar B's and a coleman stove or two. Any thoughts on a possible date? Here is a good link for pictures...http://www.wallowacountychamber.com

srodocker

May Would work best for me, as its easier to get vacation time around then. Whats the specific town that I can google to see the area and get a time frame.

Who else down for a East PNW Campout?

wsucougarx

I'd be interested. As always, with a family of 4 kids and sports, it's hard to plan too far ahead due to schedules. I'll put this one on the calendar and see where I am next year;-)

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds Good. I will set aside that weekend and will check back in March or so for a head count. I am looking forward to this get-together!
May 21-22 in Joseph, OR.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks