• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

I recovered three M1102's Thursday and Friday. Only glitch was that one of the landing legs was missing the crank handle. Anyone got a spare handle hanging around. I may be able to find one at the trailer store, or might have to replace the landing leg. Of course I forgot to take the camera, and there I was in the middle of M1101-2 land.

Who picked up the tan Tractor 931 today. It was a really nice looking truck, with near new rubber and the inside of the cab was very nice. Looks like it needed a bath and that was about it.

Another Ahab

You all always seem to be keeping it busy over there in the PNW.

Cheers at you, and wishing you a Fabulously Fine 2014, from over here on the other Coast. ~

Last edited:

Amer-team

Friends of Willie and Joe Battle of the Bulge campout 2013

100_3923.jpg100_3920.jpg100_3934.jpg100_3915.jpgHere are a few pictures of this weekends activities up in the Olympic Mountains of Washington. Usually we go for the snow, but no snow this year. We started with 6 vehicles and ended with 5 as the Command Car blew a soft plug and had to be towed back to town. Fortunately this didn't happen too many miles out of town and before we got to the hills. There were 2 WW2 jeeps, 1- Dodge Command Car, 1- Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton, GMC CCKW 2 1/2 ton, M38A1 w/Converto T7 trailer, being used to haul the wood for the event. Sometimes it is fun to do these events away from the public so we get some time to discuss what we all enjoy most, the green machines.

Amer-team

We went up the Skokomish valley past Camp Gobi. It is about 45 miles out of Shelton to where we ended up. It is a beautiful area and allowed for a little bit of shooting time as well. We were camped on the same spot about 4 years ago and got a foot or better of snow overnight and had to do some ice road building to get out. P

Amer-team

Communication Box

Went and picked up a trailer for Larry M. today. Fortunately it wasn't far to my house, because by the time I got there, one brake drum was very warm. I gave it a bath, greased, and checked the tires. The neighbor came over and we played with it pulling it back and forth and applying the brakes. It seemed to free up, so I took it to its new home about 20 miles away. I want to say this is an STC 60 communication box? It was clean and dry inside. Does anyone have an idea how fast these are to be towed? I was trying to go slow, but got it up to 45 with no apparent problems.

What a great camper this would make at events if the road speed is high enough.100_3935.jpg100_3939.jpg100_3936.jpg100_3937.jpg100_3938.jpg

Also any tips on how you get the pin on the front wheels to drop into its indentation and stay there? This is so you can back it up. I got the pin to move with channel locks but couldn't figure out how to pin it to stay.

yelloeye

I couldn't dig up anything with that model number. Here's their current offerings but nothing fits the pictures you have.
http://www.gichner.us/products.html

Also, if anybody wants help wrenching on trucks shoot me a PM. I work and go to school full time so I don't have a ton of time but wouldn't mind getting more experience working on these trucks before I purchase one.

Last edited:

Amer-team

Thank you for the tip on this. It looks roughly similar to the S 749 system. we will keep doing research on it. The question is it safe to tow one at 50 or 55 MPH? It seemed to tow okay at 45, but would like to see the recommendations in the manual if someone has them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks