• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

srodocker

Hehe thats what the "mini van" is....but I like your term "Maxi van" Still sits like last time. But with this week off and brad hopefully swinging by I can get him to see if he can figure it out as well.

Thanks peter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a little update on me! My little man was born 8/28/14! @ 9pm. So the "mini van" needs to be worked on! brad may be coming down this week while I have it off to see if he can figure out it.
WHAT ?!?!? You and the missus pop a bouncing baby Green Iron Addict and all you can post is the time of the drop? How about NAME, RANK, and SERIAL NUMBER; along with Mini-Me's GVWR upon arrival, length over all, hair color and quantity and most of all....

nopics

Now, let's take a knee....

Heavenly Father,
We joyously congratulate these new parents and bless this baby boy with ALL of Your Promise. May he be raised to know and love You, his parents, and all who already love him. Guide his parents by Your light as they raise him to manhood. May they one day hear Your voice proclaim, "Well done, good and faithful servants."
In Jesus' name we pray,
AMEN.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike's trying to get the whole set! Be blessed, Brother!

Sounds like there's a lot of baby-makin' goin' on.... My step-daughter is expecting her first (a girl, Madilyn Jane) on 9/15. Six days ago she was already dilated to 3cm. The Doc says "all systems are GO", so now we patiently wait. Dianna and I already have two grandsons, ages 10 and almost 4 (on 9/10), by our son (Dianna's step-son). This will be Dianna's first biological grandchild. Lord, is she excited!

Amer-team

I know it is short notice, wasn't sure if I could go, but Saturday morning, there is a parade in Aberdeen or Hoquim about 1100. We are going down doing the WW2 thing with vehicles and people in uniform, but I am sure that you could tag along at the end of the line, if you wanted to bring an M series along. we are also doing a parade on Sept. 20 in Quillcene and there will be a mixture of WW2 vehicles and M Series for that one.

DrillerSurplus

Fermont 60kw genset

I was wondering if any of you know someone in Pacific NW that is knowledgeable on these generators and/or where we might be able to buy parts?

I have one I'd like to get up & running for this winter. A mechanic and I spent a few days going through the TMs troubleshooting last year but were unsuccessful. We had to move on to other projects, we thought it might be the printed circuit board, but were not at all certain. It starts & runs fine, just won't put out any juice.

wsucougarx

Hey Peter that's in my AO. What's going on in Aberdeen/Hoquiam area tomorrow????? I've got a double header I'm coaching from 0900-1430 hours in Montesano. So it looks like I'm going to miss it. Must be the Logger's Playday Parade.

wsucougarx

I was wondering if any of you know someone in Pacific NW that is knowledgeable on these generators and/or where we might be able to buy parts?

I have one I'd like to get up & running for this winter. A mechanic and I spent a few days going through the TMs troubleshooting last year but were unsuccessful. We had to move on to other projects, we thought it might be the printed circuit board, but were not at all certain. It starts & runs fine, just won't put out any juice.
I'm selling mine if you need one;-)

The resident Steelsoldier PNW generator expert is the Sewerzuk. PM him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqzoolC38Q

Last edited:

Amer-team

Coug, Sorry I didn't get this on your radar sooner, but you do have to take care of the kid stuff first. The green iron will still be there.
We ended up with 5 vehicles and six crunchies for the parade. 3 WW2 jeeps, a 1 1/2 ton Chev, and a 2 1/2 tone CCKW. One of the wives drove my jeep (we had to do a quick jeep driving lesson in the parade) and I marched as the BAR person in the squad. Had all the gear and tell you what, I am getting too old to be packing a BAR on a forced march. It was fun and the people really seemed to enjoy it. I talked with people along the route and most, especially the younger ones, did not know that we were representing WW2. A few youngsters asked about the BAR, it is a dewat, so I let them heft it. They were surprised at the weight. Many seem to understand what the weapon is, as they see it in video games, but they don't really get the reality of the gear. Anyway it was fun.

srodocker

So im thinking why dont we get together and eat at say Buffalo Wild Wings or a red robin last weekend of sept? And want to do it in tacoma?

Last edited:

wsucougarx

All September weekends are a no go for me. I have a double header to ump and a double header to coach every Saturday. Yes, that's four little league games;-/. Those are a good 12 hour day.

Amer-team

Sept. 20 we have a parade in Quillcene if anyone would like to tag along. Oct. 4 is the Olympic Flight Museum Fall military show. Oct. 11, is the Puyallup Gunshow, where they host military vehicles to be on display outside the event. After that things sort of open up until Nov. 8 for the Auburn Veterans parade. There are numerous small events on Nov. 11

Also on Oct. 11 will be the Fall fund raiser for the NW Chapter of the USO in Bellevue. Please check their site if you are interested in attending. It is a hotel in downtown Bellvue, so there isn't any room for MV's, unless they let me take the 42 up the freight elevator. I did that once at the old Seahawks stadium and then I drove it down the people ramps to get it out, because the elevator was tied up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks