• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Points Plate

I've been trying to get my m37 running but not having any luck. My question is if the plate that the points and condenser attaches to is loose will this be a problem. I've taken off the 2 tabs and bent them down to make it tighten up but no luck the points plates still moved. When the plate move the point gap changes and again I think is causing a problem.

Any ideas on how to get the point plate tight and possibly make the points plate ground better

Keep on trucken

ez8

Yes, this will be a problem. If I recall correctly, the breaker plate should fit into the groove in the distributor body and those tabs will lock it in place using two slots in the groove. Once you tighten down the screws that are attached to the tabs everything should square up nicely. Check for worn parts. Midwest Military has a replacement kit in their M37 electrical section if something is out of spec.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks