• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Police CUCV on duty W/pics

narc20

Thought you might like some pics of a "civilianized" surplus M1008 in action. We used it on a marijuana eradication mission recently and after seeing some of the pics on this site I thought I'd take a few of the truck, not just the plants.

BTW I am considering getting a M1009 from an auction and need to know if anyone here has titled a MV in West Virginia with just a bill of sale from GL, etc.

Attachments

Ok, when these first loaded up, I tried to think of something funny to say in a 'Cheech and Chong' kind of voice...

Then I started thinking something like 'hot pursuit, hot pursuit'... Then I started thinking about a Reverend Horton Heat song called 'bales of cocaine'.. then I remembered what it was like to have the munchies...

and then I realized how much better off the entire world is since I grew out of that particular herb back in college, lo these meany moons ago...

Hats off, keep up the good work, and that is a pretty clean looking rig.

peace
Dave

Dieselsmoke

Hey man, it's just for medicinal purposes....honest dude....
Our county likes to wait just until they are about to harvest. That really pisses them off, often times they will spend the money before they've sold their product. Makes for some unhappy people LOL

narc20

Wow, that's some good lookin bud Armada. Ours was mostly ditch weed, growing on it's own in the woods. I'm sure people would pull it if they knew where it was but it wasn't very good stuff. The bullet hole is just one of those stickers. It has four or five scattered around it. Pranksters at the office I guess.

WVSCOUTCAR

police CUCV

I have seen a lot of M1008's used by law enforcement in WV. Bridgeport PD has a M1008 repainted, crome wheels and big tires for the DARE program. Fairmont PD uses several M1009's. I pick up a M1009 this week from depot. Then I am going to Charleston with a retired WVSP to take on the DMV. I will work my way up the chain of command until I see the governer. We are preserving historical military vehicles for future generations, nice way of saying we like playing with big green trucks. Anyway I will get a fix worked out.
If I meet a stone wall, I might bring by duce w/water buffalo down to charleston and drive circle around the block at the capitol building until somebody agrees to set down and discuss the GL title and WV DMV issue. Do you have any ideas??? I had to have a trooper look at the dash on my duce to verify the date of manufacture several years ago. He certified a form that went in to DMV the filled in missing info from the title.
How about something like that??? Stephen Goff Buckhannon,WV

narc20

RE: police CUCV

WV Scoutcar, I used to do a lot VIN verifications when I worked patrol. We just looked at the vehicle to "verify" that the VIN matched what the owner was submiiting. We signed the form and the owner sent it in to get the title. Sometimes we had to verify that there was NO VIN, like on old boats and campers. Hell I even had to do one on a mobile home parked in a trailer court. If that's all it takes then I'll be be happy. Let me know how it goes. I would like to get a M1099 in the next couple of months.

BTW, I recently was assigned by my department to be a DRMO screener for the 1033 program(Free stuff to police). If I see anything good at the DRMO's that law enforcement isn't taking, I'll let you guys know.

motorolanut

RE: police CUCV

I have titled many in WV with no problems, But I had the SF-97 though, If you have a noterized bill of sale with the amount and the VIN # on the bill you shouldn't have a problem. I too being a leo have done many vin verfications in the line of duty for citizens.

rjinga

Thought you might like some pics of a "civilianized" surplus M1008 in action.
My CUCV also served a local county sheriff's dept. after her military career. That is were she picked up the black & white color scheme. (The tacky euro fog lamps came from the previous owner and will be gone soon)

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you do with the contraband? Kinda be bad to burn it, the officers in charge of the burn barrel would be getting high. Shredding it? Landfill?

Kinda weird looking at a huge stash like that in the back of your truck, and knowing it's a helluva haul, but also don't know what to do with it. Pot was never my thing, never ever tried it, except for secondhand at some crappy parties I was at. The smoke always gave me a headache, can't see what the point is.

Every time I needed some mind-altering substances, my Buddy Weiser was always able to help out. Or Jimmy Beam. Or my Capt. Morgan. Whatever, I have lots of liquid friends. ;)

jbingvtx

I bought my deuce from a member in GA. They don't require titles on vehicles that old so I called the DMV before purchasing just to make sure it wouldn't be a problem. They assured me that a notorized bill-of -sale would be good enough. Unfortunately you never see the person you talked to on the phone when you go in. Long story short, it took about 4 months of sending documents back to the previous owner to fill out and have notorized and having the state of GA do a title search before I got a WV title. If the fellow I bought it from had decided that he didn't want to help me I would have been hosed, fortunately he is a honorable man. So, yes you can get by with just Bill-of-sale if you are not in a big hurry. It also couldn't hurt to have a friend at the DMV.

ive worked in the entertainment security business since 95, mainly working large music festivals, the last 3 yrs i was a supervisor. ive dealt with people on every substance you can think of, from freak outs, to violence, to overdoses... i gotta say, i respect the officers for doing the job, but targeting weed is a waste of taxpayers money. itd be better spent if they dedicated that time, money, and LEO's experience to the things that kill too many people everyday... heroin, crack, pcp, etc... and i know some will use the whole "Gateway" argument, but if you want to go after the "Gateway drug", its easier to find than a weed patch... it comes in a box of 20, usually has a filter on the end, and is sold in almost every store in the country... just saying that times are tough, moneys tight for citizens and the Gov't. its time to re-evaluate spending, and thats a prime place to do it... and i have witnessed many times where it has benefitted people from a medical standpoint, people that would have otherwise been taking painkillers, which often lead to the current heroin problem thats destroying my town, and many around the country. just my 2cents