• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Politics and The Hobby...

devilman96

RE: What I got back from My Senator

Vinyl lettering... Three sided (left right and headboard) $108 for a bobbed deuce and $148 for a stock bed... I drive everywhere with the tail gate down now!

FreightTrain

Banned

oh yea,If you think we can't change anything.Look at 2000.GOA,NRA,and the rest of the gun lobby riled up the troops and pretty much single handedly beat Al Whore.Also,the gun group single handedly Bankrupted the #1 selling firearms manufacture in history when it made a deal with the devil(Smith and Wesson).We just gotta rally the troops again and get everyone to stand behind a person.Not just a party.I would vote for a dumbocrap if I felt the person would do the American thing and not distroy the constitution.I don't care what party you run for.I just care what your views are but so many people don't give a crap.They vote for the party even if the person on the ticket was Osama Bin Laden they would vote for them cause they were nominated for Party X.

Wolf.Dose

Nice to read all these opinions.
Let's look on the problem from the other side!
First of all: The United States of North America brought democracy to Germany after WWII. However, I'm sorry to say, todays democracy (in the US and Germany and other countris) is not realy what we, at least I, learned to understand under this term.
Second: To the MV problem and politicians: They like to be with themselves. People's problems do not interest them. And: Why did you not immediately forget the skils you learned at the Army (Navy, Air Force). Why do you think, express your oppinion. Politicians do not like that. Look at their TV Program. Since more than 30 years they try to keep us stupid.
Everybody with a green vehicle is may be a Nazi or something simelar evil (may be a communist).
Third: Vintage vehicles for politicians are something like a 12 cylinder Packard, a Cord, a 1935 Ford or a Bugatti or a 1930 Alfa Romeo or a 540 SSKL Benz. Trucks (even civilian) are not in their mind.
Maybe a good portion of envy is hidden behind this behaviour, for they can not handle and maintain these vehicles.
All these politicians forget that MV ARE a part of history and the technical developement; not to mention the technology pushes some of the developements brought positivly for us "simple" people.
Fourth: These politicians forget that the surplus selling brings a good lot of money back into the household budget. The maintaining and running of these vehicles is silgtly more expensive than to maintain f.e. a 67 Mustang, so they take a lot of taxes for our hobby from us.
Fifth: After all: Why do they care about our hobby? We have no influence on their political errors, we only pay for them. For the next election they built up their lobby and are (nobody knows why!) reelected.
Hope this opinion does not disturb anybody
Wolf

poppop

Wolf, I have not studied your post in depth, but I think what you say makes a lot of sense. What really gets my attention is this comes from across the big water and you seem to have a pretty good grasp of the situation over here.

wiggall

I found this site. It is quite interesting <www> FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

wiggall

wiggall said:
I found this site. It is quite interesting &lt;www&gt; FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973
I hit a wrong button the site is <www> FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks