• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll: How do YOU say CUCV?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like mentioned above, we always called them a "cuck-vee", there is not a "T" anywhere in there. But I like "wheel chock" just as well.

Hammer

Cut-V, just like I did when I was in.
And to clarify, 10-O-9 or 10-O-8 for which one of the buggers we are talking about. Or, hers or his if we want to be picky (yes, I have a few).
And I know there isn't a 'T' in it, the pronunciation has a separate meaning.

Last edited:

FLINT

At the turn of this century, I worked for two years at a military base as an archeologist. They issued my team two CUCVs to access our sites - a 1008 and a 1009. The military folks at that base all said, "Cuck Vee" so that's what I've said since. In fact, it was a while before I knew that Cuck Vee, was the pronunciation of the acronym - CUCV. Once we started using them, I called my dad and told him about the super heavy duty chevy trucks that we were using (at the time he had a 78 C10 that we had used for years).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks