• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll - What Directional Switch do you have?

What Directional Switch do you have?

• Total voters

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C, but it had some minor issues with the cancelling lever, so I pulled it out and treat it the same as A or B

springer1981

C, but it had some minor issues with the cancelling lever, so I pulled it out and treat it the same as A or B
This is kind of a learning question for me. So far I believe A is Early style. C is late style with cancelling. B also has cancelling but I'm not sure it was used in HMMWV's. Seems too short and I assume all HMWV's have a mount and would not need the hose clamp type mount. I have some minor clearance issues on my shortened steering column and have type B on the way to see if I can solve my issue. I think the only other person that selected B really has C based on the pictures posted.

springer1981

If you look at the "NARTRON" logo on mine it matches B and not C in post #3
Ok, so I have version A on my truck and purchased version B. It was just delivered a few minutes ago and now that I have it in hand I see that my picture B is not the complete unit. I am pretty sure version B did not come on HMMWV's. It mounts using a adapter and the hose clamp. The version C mounts using 4 screws much like version A. When I saw yours mounted using screws and not the hose clamp that is why I said yours looks like version C. The actual part numbers and writing or logos wasn't what I was using to identify the different versions. The labels probably vary by age.

Now that I purchased this one and have seen yours, I know I have the wrong one and still need to buy one.

Thanks for replying and posting the pictures. They help a lot.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are going to love me, I was going to vote on 2 X A because I have two M998s. LOL will not count that.
NO big deal, I never meant for you to have to go back and change anything... I'm sorry for stirring the pot!!!