• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll - Who has done the Doghead Relay Conversion

Start Relay Conversion/Upgrade

• Yes - I have done the conversion

Votes: 328 60.6%
  • No - I don't plan on doing the conversion

Votes: 51 9.4%
  • No - I haven't done it but plan on doing it soon.

Votes: 162 29.9%

• Total voters

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead was wondering how many people have done the starter relay conversion/upgrade so I thought I would start the poll for him.

Here is the Sticky from the CUCV Forum.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/60960-doghead-starter-relay-modifcation.html

I have done two for myself and another person.

Please list why you did it or why you won't do it.

Thanks,

Warthog

P.S. Want to see some damage a stuck relay can cause?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?70281-M1008-Meltdown

Take a look at post #39

Last edited:

a175

I didn't do it, but mainly through ignorance. I'm not sure if I do the switch, is it still a 24v startup? If so, then it's highly likely I'll do it eventually.

rod

I didn't do it, but mainly through ignorance. I'm not sure if I do the switch, is it still a 24v startup? If so, then it's highly likely I'll do it eventually.

The relay change has nothing to do with whether it is 12 or 24 volts. What you will be doing is removing an 25 year old unreliable relay and replacing it with a new "beefier" heavy duty relay. Everything else remains the same.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im a believer[thumbzup] Love that snap on start up....

That is one thing that throws people after the conversion.

You do hear a loud SNAP of the relay when it engages. You think something is wrong, but it is now the norm.

Darwin T

i typed "Doghead relay" in the search and i got all kind of post about people who did it, but not his post on how to do it. i want to and plan to do the upgrade.

AllenEM

I did a starter relay bypass since the wring on my 09 is all mess up. Looks like I may be doing a Head light switch bypass and wiper bypass too. The wring is so messed up. thank you PO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks