• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poor mans WMO filter setup.

Jimma

Duda diesel in Alabama is a good source for filter bags. Look them up on google. They are fast shippers, very reasonably priced and also have the screen filters to set on the top of a 55 gal drum or 5 gal bcket. The screens are plastic and inter lock and you can go from a 200 to a 75 micron and get all the big stuff out real fast then filter through the bag. This prevents slower filtering and clogging up the filter bags as fast. Thats what I do. Also I heat my oil about 4-5 gal at a time to make it thinner and then filter it. I heat it on a propane burner. Having the oil warm speeds the filter process.

grayw0lf

I think the best way to go is to let it all settle for a good while. The antifreeze will stay mixed w/ the water & should settle to the bottom. I either pump or pour the oil into my heating barrel (55g drum w/ a 1" NPT fitting housing an old hot water element). From there, all the water is boiled off. Then it let it cool overnight (it settles again) & filter from there. My drain valve on the heating barrel is 1/4 the way up from the bottom to avoid sediment. I use progressively finer filters to avoid clogging things up all at once.

I am running WVO, but the concept/process is the same, if not simpler w/ WMO, as its much cleaner to begin with.

One of these days I'll get a few pics.