• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

poor starter m35

mill1970

hello everyone can you shed any light on my problem i have a m35 a2 which does not llike to start have looked at injection pump and the fuel feed bypasses the fuel compensator and is feed strieight in to the hydralic head when truck is eather cold or has run for some time she just wont start having said that is will start easier when cold i mean you dont have to give here any easy start but when hot you have to give her a sniff of the stuff as anyone any ideas many thanks ps she is running on petrol/diesel mixed

Westech

CPL
when I run my Deuce on a heavy gas mix its really hard to start. I would try running less gas or just start using 100% diesel and see if that take care of the problem. like I said I have had the same problem.

also the FDC can only go so far... if the fuel is hot and thin it will not be able to adjust far enough to give enough fuel to start or run with 100% full power.

DanMartin

I would check that the in-tank fuel pump is indeed working correctly, that the fuel filters are not clogged in any way, and that all air has been bled from the fuel system.

Maybe those are not the problem, but those are the first things I would look for, and then debug further from there.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I put too much gas...er...petrol, in mine, it takes 3-4 seconds longer to start and lopes at hot idle. What does it idle at? An idle that is too low can make it hard to start, also, check to make sure the shut off cable is letting the lever in the pump return all the way to the start position...I think it's all the way toward the front of the pump. DanMartin is correct. I'd check that first. Keep us posted on what you find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks