• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pop off valve sticking, need correct term for the TMs

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok all,
My pop off valve (when you build pressure it pops off) is sticking in the half open position after I build air, bleeding it slowly down.

I had this issue once before and for a temporary fix I followed the advice of @fuzzytoaster and used an extension and hammer to whack it back into place. Now it's consistently sticking, so I need to take it apart and see what's going on.

I know I could spray it with lube, but that only attracts more dirt etc, so I would like to clean it so it's "dry".

My issue is I don't know the proper term to search in the TMs. Any help?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for a full rebuild or replacement. There's a few options in the parts cheat sheet depending on how are you want to do with it. Here's the cheapest service kit i found with a quick google search. Ebay link

Air Dryer COMPLETE UNIT "Air Plus System"NAPA/MIDLAND/HALDEXMBI DA33110X
Upgraded dryer from MRAP Contact Member Suprman or ZiggyOHALDEXN50011K
MRAP DRYER INSTALL BRACKETNAPAMBI DQ6051
Air Dryer FILTER KIT for MRAP N50011K Haldex Dryer NAPA/MidLAND/HALDEXMBI DQ6050
Air Dryer Repair Kit for ABS HALDEX "Air Plus" NAPA MBI DQ6026
Air Dryer Purge Assembly ( plunger with o rings) (Air Plus and Purest Dryers)Napa/TruckPro/HaldexDA33115
Air Dryer Lower Rebuild Kit (Air Plus and Purest Dryers)Napa/TruckPro/Haldex

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for a full rebuild or replacement. There's a few options in the parts cheat sheet depending on how are you want to do with it. Here's the cheapest service kit i found with a quick google search. Ebay link

Air Dryer COMPLETE UNIT "Air Plus System"NAPA/MIDLAND/HALDEXMBI DA33110X
Upgraded dryer from MRAP Contact Member Suprman or ZiggyOHALDEXN50011K
MRAP DRYER INSTALL BRACKETNAPAMBI DQ6051
Air Dryer FILTER KIT for MRAP N50011K Haldex DryerNAPA/MidLAND/HALDEXMBI DQ6050
Air Dryer Repair Kit for ABS HALDEX "Air Plus"NAPAMBI DQ6026
Air Dryer Purge Assembly ( plunger with o rings) (Air Plus and Purest Dryers)Napa/TruckPro/HaldexDA33115
Air Dryer Lower Rebuild Kit (Air Plus and Purest Dryers)Napa/TruckPro/Haldex
Thank you my brother by another mother!

In the TMs, what do I look for?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it'll be the old "take it apart and put it together" method then! 😁🤣😂
Pressure protection valve opens the secondary side at 70 psi and supplies air to the wipers and horn and governor.

At 120psi the expello valve sneezes.

If the PPV fails, the sneeze never happens and you get pressure to 150psi at which point the pressure relief valve opens.

What i think you're suffering is the expello valve on the air dryer is sticking.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pressure protection valve opens the secondary side at 70 psi and supplies air to the wipers and horn and governor.

At 120psi the expello valve sneezes.

If the PPV fails, the sneeze never happens and you get pressure to 150psi at which point the pressure relief valve opens.

What i think you're suffering is the expello valve on the air dryer is sticking.
It's the one that normally sneezes at 120.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks