• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Port Huron, MI area CUCV help needed

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine in St Clair, MI. has a M1009 for plowing.
As he is a Classic Chevy car guy he knows his 12v small & big blocks very well.
Diesel & 24v, well that's different.

I have no 6.2 CUCV experience, but it's camo & he knows I have MV's.
yet I am over 3 hours away from his location.

He is having trouble finding someone willing to work on it and has asked me about manuals.

Anyone in the Port Huron / St Clair area that could help him out, show him the oddities of the CUCV, answer some questions?

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

I too am a bit of a hop skip and a jump away otherwise would be glad to go help and show him what he needs the starting system is not really that complicated if he just reads the tm maybe down load it print and mail it if he has no web otherwise I may be going to my daugters in a couple of week's she is in burton east of flint may be able to hook up if he still needs help

Shop Rat Fab

I am south of Detroit 15 minutes if your friend wants to come down to Trenton I can help him out if his truck runs, if not he can come down and I will show him what he wants or needs to know on mine. TM is a great place to start I use them all the time. I can also scan a copy of a good article from Military Vehicles on the charging system. half hour to 45 minutes from The Shores to Downriver. Best bet is to have a good voltmeter on hand and check the voltage before doing anything, some test lights go off like a flash bulb on 24volts.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
whats wrong with the truck?
It' s not a 60' - 70's Chevy muscle car, LOL
Leo is amazing with the old Impalas, Chevelles, and 1st Gen Monte Carlo's.

Not sure of the issues he's having, I gave him the link to this forum and a link to some pdf manuals along with a link to the Roscommon electrical mods.

I'm sure it 's just the typical CUCV issues that are causing him grief.

mikelee

Sure he will find lots of help here. I am amazed with the input of some of the post on here seems most of the problems are the same with all owners. .