• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portable Air Conditioner

essayons07

Does anyone know how the Tiernay A/ M 32C-10C Portable Air Conditioner units operate? Are these stand alone units? I have been looking for something to cool my shop and have seen these come up at auction.

I have seen a lot of units that require 3 phase power...but I do not have access to 3 phase power.

thanks

exbrown

Here is a little more information.
American Turbo Systems, Inc. - Products
American Turbo Systems, Inc.
A/M32C-10C NSN: 4120-01-101-4704
A/M32C-10C Air Cycle Air Conditioner
ATS is currently manufacturing sixteen units to be used in support of the F-15K aircraft.
This unique ground support system used in conjunction with the A/M32A-60A ground start cart supplies conditioned air to aircraft and missile systems. It meets the requirements for mobility and air transportability and supports aircraft such as the F5, F14, F15, F16 and F and RF-111 as well as A7 and A10 types.
Featuring completely pneumatic control and incorporating a high performance air cycle cooling package, the unit is trailer mounted. Modular maintenance makes this a most desirable and functional GSE unit for military and other specialized applications.
--------------------------
AIR CONDITIONERS
A/M32C-10C PNEUMATICALLY POWERED, PROVIDES CONDITIONED AIR AT 50 TO 200 DEGREES F, 0 TO 4 PSI, AT 10 TO 56 PM (USUALLY POWERED BY A/M32A-60A)
------------------------

EnteJager

They burn about 9 gph, Jet A is 5-7.00 per gallon, or deisel @ 3.99 per gallon, either way they are not cheap to run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks