• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portal axle pricing info: FYI

CDN-CUCV

So, I'm embarking on doing a frame-off resto and mods to my M1009 and I'm looking to do something no-one(at least that I know of) has done and that is give my rig the capabilities of a unimog. I've picked up a Dana 60 front-end and a 14 bolt rear and with a help of a friend, we're rebuilding them w/ new gearing and lockers front and rear. I picked up a set of surplus Hutchinson double-beadlock CTIS wheels 16" x 8" and planning to wrap then in 325 85r 16 Michelin XML's.

The next thing is to install portal axles. Axletech International Motorsport will be releasing Dana 60/ 14 bolt combos in April '09. They'll cost me, but it'll be worth it!:twisted:

To anyone else interested, here is the info and pricing on these portal axles.

Attachments

Last edited:

four_by_ken

I cant seem to get your attachment to come up... it tries and tries, but never shows up.

But, I am guessing that for what you are going to pay for portal boxes... you could just step up to Unimog axles and be done with it.

Flint_Jeff

You can get one hell of a set of Mog axles for half that.
Where did the 8 grand number come from?

$6500 for a set of four AxleTech boxes including new 35 spline axle shafts front and rear, calipers and rotors. How many people have put the 60/14b combo into a CUCV? What's the cost to make the conversion?

Let's look at the Unimog - for comparable strength forget the 404 axle and think 416 axles instead. What's a set of those run? $5K min plus the time to find them and the time to go throught them and verify they are sound. Add in the pinion conversions ($1K), possibly a disk brake conversion ($1K), and the cost of integrating the axles into the CUCV chassis and how much total dollars have been spent?

Just want to make sure we're talking apples to apples...

FJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks