• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portland Oregon - Large Truck Mechanic - Recommendations Please

Rodney Lough Jr

We have finalized our purchase of the FMTV - Severe Duty 6x6 truck for our expedition project.

BAE 6x6.jpg

We are looking for a 'shop' in the Portland Oregon area that can make a number of modifications to the vehicle like: Gear set change, transmission modification(s), frame lengthening, custom fuel tank(s), frame rail extensions, etc..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

zout

Find out where locally a Dealership Truck shop gets their body conversions done at - that is the place your looking for. Most build GLider kits - any type of conversion with masters of fabrication working for them. Check locally first and keep the $$$$$ at home.

BrushMaster Builder

The frame extensions, fuel tank, and gear set change are no problem. Could you tell us a little more about the MD3070 transmission mods you want? Also, you can see our work and what we do on either our YouTube Channel which is ARICE50 or our company website which is www.kyrishgovt.com

Rodney Lough Jr

Thank you all for the recommendations and sound advice. I was able to find a local place by using the "ask someone who knows" approach which many of you suggested. If this doesn't work out BrushMaster we'll be giving you guys a call. Thank you again!

DSD277

Just curious, but are you sure what engine/trans is in your truck? The FMTVs had Cat 3116, then 3126. MD3070 trans. The SD Brazos are advertised with Cummin 6.7 and Allison 3700. Besides the obvious engine difference, I don't know about the trans...

Rodney Lough Jr

Just curious, but are you sure what engine/trans is in your truck? The FMTVs had Cat 3116, then 3126. MD3070 trans. The SD Brazos are advertised with Cummin 6.7 and Allison 3700. Besides the obvious engine difference, I don't know about the trans...
You are correct, it has the 6.7L Cummins (325hp@2400rmp 750torque@1800rmp), Allison Trans (3700SP 7speed)

SD BrazoSpec.jpg

Last edited:

DSD277

I knew the advertised specs. What you want to get from BAE is the "Build sheet" for your truck. It is not a "window sticker" but a list of everything that was installed on your truck at the factory.
I've designed and had built several truck bodies over the years and ordered medium duty trucks, to my specs, and the build sheet is a list of all supplied components, as built. And actually are handy to have with the vehicle for part replacements. And when you alter the truck, you should update your copies for reference

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks