• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Positive camber on HMMWV 998 rear wheels ?

orgnal

I finally got my 2 Man HMMWV 998 10 days ago and I have been working away on it as time permits. I noticed that the front wheels are quite perpendicular to the ground but the rear wheel have a very noticeable positive camber. Is this correct / common? Do I need to when them aligned properly? I did not notice any drive-ability issues when I took it for a spin around the neighborhood.

Thank you in advance

McReddy

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it's standard. It's so that when they get loaded up, as they 'should' they will move to a "normal" camber. If you drive around a military base, you'll notice it behind any unloaded unarmored HMMWV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks