• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Positives Negatives to doing a Bobber

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel17319

BOBBER

Its all in the title what do I get from doing a bobber.
'
Lower weight?

Better fuel economy?

Better maneuverability?

Larger tires?

FULL SIZE DEUCE

More traction more tires?

About the same fuel mileage?

what is it exactly to you get from getting a bobber, and remember links and stuff I can type in the search engine on here is appreciated as well.

MORE INFO

Honestly i wake up one day and think bobber all the way the other days. I think shorten the frame keep both axles, and on other days i think move the axles up more towards the cab.

Also I think about doing a bobber but i want a tool chest homemade or scrapyard modified between the cab and the trailer bed, How would i go about doing that. I was also thinking about a wench on the rear-end to do whatever i want with and maybe a boom for lifting heavy stuff in the back. Any thoughts opinions are welcome. What is is this all terrain dependent I live in the desert, Whats the best set up for me????? Anyone intall any light bars added lights to the bumper, put and sort of rull cage is this needed?

ALSO

Waste motor oil does it matter if theres anti freeze in it or tranny fluid or other misc fluids. How do you guys do it links would be nice, and Pics.

And for you bilingual brothers and sisters Gracias por la informations:D

EDIT added more info

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

Just a matter of taste. I admit, I thought about it for a few seconds. But after seeing more "bobbers" I can't stand looking at them. Kinda like M35A3s... the more I see them, the more they just look butt-ugly and wrong.

I'm sure some guys think stock A2's look like something only grandpa would drive.

To each their own.

But when you bob, you lose major capacity, with no major benefits. 2cents

daniel17319

Thanks heath I haven't seen you in a long time Ben away from Saiga forums. I think i may agree with you on not bobbing how do i go about putting a lift kit. Also any word on what is the best lockers lunch box lockers or air??

What do you think about shortening the bed a tad or moveing the the axles up closer to the bed heath???

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

BOBBER

I was also thinking about a wench on the rear-end to do whatever i want with

EDIT added more info
Sorry dude but that's the best mis-spell EVER!!.. Winch!

As far as a bobber goes, I love mine, easier to park, lighter and I get around 10-13 mpg or so. I think bigger tires are easier to put on without the extra axle as well.

daniel17319

Perfect thats the kind of info im looking for lower mileage tires etc. keep it comeing. I will be mainly running this truck in the desert so also keep that in consideration.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of your questions have been asked and answered many, many times.

Some time spent in the Alt Fuels forum and the Modified Deuce forum will provide countless hours of reading and answers.

Just curious, are you wanting us to do the searching for you? That is what I got from your first post.

And are you talking about putting a lift kit on a Deuce. I'm really confused.

Heath_h49008

You can run 46" 395/85r20s on stock rims without flipping the hubs or spreading the tandems... How much bigger you want to go?!

As for mileage, you will be dropping about 1000lbs and some rolling resistance. But, if you plan on running crap fuel that won't matter anyway. WMO/Veggie/etc all have different energy per cc. Your mileage will vary more based upon that than the small amount you will save by bobbing.

Put a good set of lockouts on the front axle and one on the center tandem with a locking diff in the rear and maybe the front/steer axle. You will have a monster for traction when you need it, and the best mileage. Mind you, 1 set of lockouts is $500, and each locker for a diff is about $500. I think you can buy a replacement axle and single lockout from one of the vendors here for $350. (You only need one on the center axle to let it free-wheel) If you really want to get high end... go for the overdrive gear kit from (M35 tom I think?) one of the vendors here. Split the brakes if you don't have a split system already and keep safety in mind, because you will be able to hit 65-70mph without much stress on the old mill with those mods. (Get a pyro first... but you know that.)

I haven't been around Saiga12 as much. I got sick of the drama.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting the same questions in different threads is not allowed. It is called cross posting. You just read and agreed to this when you signed up the other day.

You already started a thread a week ago when you joined asking the same questions. This one is being locked and then deleted.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/91375-new.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks