• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible alternative cab air spring?

tacosauce

I was looking around and stumbled on this cab air spring for the front of a Scania truck. It looks like it might work with an airline extension and a couple holes drilled, but I can't find any specs on it.

Anyone have experience with these, or maybe your google-fu is strong?

product_1243.jpg

Mario

From the picture in this eBay listing, and I'm not saying it's correct, it appears that the 280mm is extended.
I can throw this into Fusion360 and extrapolate the height based on the known 12mm bottom thread if you want me to.

Ronmar

What also isn’t specified is wether this shock is rated to also provide a retracted and extended stop like the original combined shock/spring assembly does. You would have to look at the structure of the truck it is specced for to see if it uses some other structure to control the travel limits...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks