• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible blackout switch problem

pitbull

Hi there,
As of yesturday, my M1010 has no lights what so ever, horn, etc. Its like when the blackout switch is turned on. If it is a problem with the switch can it be bypassed? Or could the problem be somewhere else like a blown fuse or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated because its only been a day and i miss driving it allready! Thanks,Dustin

mangus580

Certainly a fuse. I cant remember exactly, but I think its maybe 3rd row from the left, and 2nd or 3rd fuse up? Maybe Gasser will chime in here.... He had a hard time keeping this fuse in the fusebox on his truck. His fuse box is damaged.

pitbull

Hi,
I checked the fuses but not all of them, just the ones that are for the lights. I'll check them all again tomorow. I hope its just that simple!

I have had "fuze" troubles with two CUCVs (M1009s). In one the WS wipers would not work and in the other the lights would go out suddenly. Thje problem in both cases was not a burned fuse but rather oxidized or burned contact surfaces in the fuze block. So... don't just look for a burned out fuze, check the condition of the contacts in the fuze block. HTH

gasser

The row with 4 fuses in it, furthest right one ... 30 AMP. Yeah, my fuse doesn't stay in there 'naturally', so a little hotglue is working some magic with it.
I believe that row is the third row from the bottom. Bottom row being the single 28v fuse.

HTH,

-graham

pitbull

YES!!! i got my lights back! I replaced the 30amp fuse that gasser mentioned (it wasn't blown either, just really bad looking!) and BINGO, horn works, YES! lights work, YES! WOO HOO! Thanks everyone, Dustin

gasser

pitbull said:
YES!!! i got my lights back! I replaced the 30amp fuse that gasser mentioned (it wasn't blown either, just really bad looking!) and BINGO, horn works, YES! lights work, YES! WOO HOO! Thanks everyone, Dustin
Killer!

-graham