• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible new member of the herd

M923driver

I am looking at a 1953 M38 Willys and would like some experienced input. The truck has had an amature resto, but is just about rust-free. It has what looks like an original top, but Bubba-engineered bows. Runs like a champ, new guages, tires, seats. Looks good, has a title. The owner wants $5K and is firm. (It was his dad's Jeep.) What do you guys think? :cookoo:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If everything checks out , that is a good price for a" ride and drive ' as they say . It's worth the money just for the good sheet metal alone , plus some of the mechanicals have been done already . If you do purchase the MV , just go through the vehicle as usual and you should be good to go . :grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am new and just bought a M38A1 today, 1953. It has 4 shifters on the floor. I know the left one is the main shifter. How can I find out what the other three levers are? Thanks!!
Trans shifter, low/high range, 2/4wd and it looks like you have a pto lever for a winch or whatever.

milk4you

Very good. So from left to right, trans shifter, high/low, 2/4wd, PTO? In that order? Also, there are locking hubs. Do you lock the hubs with it in 2wd, then shift it into 4wd? Do you do all of this while the tranny is in Neutral?

On the Hi/lo range shifter, do you need to operate that while stopped and in Neutral?

Is there a overall neutral to tow the jeep that relates to the Hi/Lo lever or is that just done by putting the main tranny lever in Neutral?

Thanks for putting up with all the dumb questions!

zout

If whomever had the original engine rebuilt from a shop - there is about $2500 alone in a top rebuild. Grab a catalog and check out those litte pieces parts prices and it add's up quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks