• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible new owner

sebaeb

Hope im not too early in saying this, but i think im the soon to be new owner of a M1031 CUCV....cant wait to get it home and really go through it...I know guys no pics yet but i will if/when i get it home:)

2002ford

You did very good. I was told the m1009s were all junk but the contact truck had potential. I just got a m1009 from Camp shelby two weeks ago. I cant wait to get it registered and drive it.

sebaeb

I didnt get a chance to make it down to WPAFB to inspect the truck , but the pics and video didnt show any rust, everything looked solid ...i have my fingers crossed!

2002ford

I was there getting a m101a1 trailer and I asked about there vehicles. This was a month ahead of the auction. Check all the fluids and I think the rear driveshaft is bent. I can only go off the photos. I think it looked good. I drove one in the Gaurd for 6 years. It only had 6k on it when I got out. The only thing I would be worried about is the box mounts. The mounts were collapsing from all of the weight we had in tools.

2002ford

I am still waiting on the registration on mine. I drove it a couple miles the other day. It ran great but I lost all of my lights. it seams the fuze for the head light got hot and melted the fuze block a little. Who knows, maybe thats why they fazed out the truck. Let me know when you get it or you need any help.

sebaeb

I sure will...hopefully it wont be that much longer....still not sure what im gonna do with it yet....at least get it running and maybe sell the box ...even thought of dropping a 5.9 cummins in it...

2002ford

I have read about the 5.9 and the 4bt. Both are impressive. Like I said, let me know if you need help. I live 3 mile away from where your truck is sitting.

sebaeb

I live just north of sidney, about an hour north of dayton...i have a co-worker who is in the guard and has a trailer with winch so getting it home should'nt be an issue...just can't wait!