• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible?? Tonneau for M101A2??

derekrayhall

Awesome trailer

Thanks Harley! looking more closely at these photos I can see the bows. Do they shed the water well?

I am building mine out of pvc with 45 degree elbows.. they have about a 6 inch arch to them.

I contacted your tarp provider! thanks again foe all your help, and of course your amazing trailer build!

Derek

derekrayhall

Those diamond back tops are freakin bad to the bone... you can haul two 4 wheelers on top of them and they have butterfly doors. Custom fit to your trailer/truck. They are about 1500 bucks. I didnt want to spend that much but WOW! The cool factor is worth it.

EnteJager

What did you use inside the trailer for the Diamondback latches to catch on?
2" piece of steel 1/2" wide bent L- shape.

The A3 version has the extra vertical running support beams inside the bed, I had the bed designed so the rods would be 1/4" from the channel and I could rivet the steel "L" for them to lock into.

Worked out great.

The center section of the cover was bolted directly to the bed once aligned.

ABNENGR

Thanks, I'm going to use my truck's diamondback cover on my 101A2 when I have my slide in camper on my truck. The L bracket idea sounds good. I'm picking up two 1101 trailers next week so I'[ll also look at adapting the cover to one of them.

Apache0715

Have you put any quads on your diamondback cover yet? Just curious if it will be too high of CG. Im looking at getting either a M101A3 or 1102 for behind my Fullsize Bronco. Still searching these forums and looking at the options. The Diamondback is a must I really like it.

EnteJager

adventure 1.jpg

No quads, mounted a Yulara by TJM high so the kayaks would fit under. Going to mount a class 3 hitch on the back for a bike rack too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks