• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post purchase Inspection San Antonio

TexAndy

I'd go with his medium. My large one can be handled by one person, but it isn't supposed to be. I know it's gotta weigh over 120 pounds.

Either way, I'm down near Beeville, which is about 110 miles south of Ft. Sam, so you'd have to go further this way, too.

ODw/envy

Ryan, I can meet you half way if you want.
Just let me know[thumbzup]
Man you are a rock-star. If we do this, is there a day of the week that is best for you? I really could not expect or ask you to drive that far for me. I can load up in the wifes little Dakota and be there in a few hours on a day of your choosing.

ODw/envy

I'd go with his medium. My large one can be handled by one person, but it isn't supposed to be. I know it's gotta weigh over 120 pounds.

Either way, I'm down near Beeville, which is about 110 miles south of Ft. Sam, so you'd have to go further this way, too.
I really appreciate it but I don't know how I would get it back to you. Shipping on these things is a nightmare I am sure. Freight I suspect. I thought the heavy bar was in the 200# range??? With feet and what not.

Thanks

ODw/envy

Tex

If the proverbial $h!t hits the fan would you consider being my emergency contact? I'm looking for someone local to put out the call if I get stuck.

Hopefully won't need it, but it pays to be prepared. At least a shoulder to cry on or someone to point me toward a place to get a drink in case of major issues. :lol:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man you are a rock-star. If we do this, is there a day of the week that is best for you? I really could not expect or ask you to drive that far for me. I can load up in the wifes little Dakota and be there in a few hours on a day of your choosing.
I am tied up on Saturday, but any time is fine, Sun-Tuesday is fine.
What works for you?
I sent you a pm with my email address.

Nutro

I really appreciate it but I don't know how I would get it back to you. Shipping on these things is a nightmare I am sure. Freight I suspect. I thought the heavy bar was in the 200# range??? With feet and what not.

Thanks

Heck if you need to, and are near Austin when driving back to Tucson you can leave it with me and TexAndy can come get it in Austin next time he's here or I can bring it to him next time I go to Corpus or Port Aransas.

Just offering some help to you guys.

TexAndy

Tex

If the proverbial $h!t hits the fan would you consider being my emergency contact? I'm looking for someone local to put out the call if I get stuck.

Hopefully won't need it, but it pays to be prepared. At least a shoulder to cry on or someone to point me toward a place to get a drink in case of major issues. :lol:

Sure, I'll PM you my number. Dunno what good I can do you, but if nothing else I can bring the bar.

Yes, it's a large. I said over 120 pounds... it could well be 200+ pounds. It's all I can do to lift one end of it and I'm a healthy 28 year old male. The feet it came with are totally inadequate (too big) but they did make a set of feet that work with it that I was lucky to find on E-bay.

I've actually got a couple of them and even one a size BIGGER that I think must be for towing tanks or something. I wouldn't mind selling one of my spare towbars to you cheap (return freight wouldn't be worth it), but I don't want to sell the ebay feet (loan only), since they're kind of hard to find.

ODw/envy

I wanted to give M35A2-AZ a shout. He is a really great guy. He offered/followed through with letting me borrow his med. tow bar. Not only that, but he drove over 100 miles to help me get it. He is a stand-up SS citizen.

I also appreciate everyone who offered their help. I bumped your guy's rep to show my appreciation (the peace sign below your user CP).

I am almost ready to leave. I will start packing tomorrow. I got the shackle mounts welded to the the SuperDuty and topped off the tank today (well the pump stopped at $100 dollars). So I am as ready as I will even be.

I will post pictures when I get back.

Thanks again guys.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks