• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

True Knight

The onboard air i went with is on order now. $550.00 went with VIAIR’s X’treme Duty Onboard Air System the specs are listed below

PN 10009 It is a pre-packaged compressed air solution that provides two 350C, 100% duty cycle compressors, a 2.0 gallon air tank, ( adding an extra 8 gallon ) inline pressure regulation, and all components needed to install a working system capable of inflating tires.
Awesome. thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get an on board air system for a while! It's a pain driving slow for miles to the nearest gas station to air up after a trip off road...

unaffiliated

okay... here is some trail pictures, over the past summer, looking to complete a few more add on's in time for when its nice to go riding again... onboard air, rework rear bumber, sliders, and redesign/fab transfercase cross member for 203/205 doubler. ( currently too much flex - keeps twisting enough to pop it out of low range as floor pan hitting shifter
Just curious....What is a 203/205 doubler?

Unaffiliated...

a 203/205 doubler.. is the high/low gear side of a NP203 transfercase mounted in front of a NP205 transfercase. basicly, what it does, is when the 205 is in low range, you can then switch the 203 to low, which will double your low gear ratio, in essense doubling your low range. I have high, low, and double low. and with my current setup with my NP205 twin sticked. i have every possible drive configuration. meaning just front wheel drive high/low/double low or just rear or both ( real 4wheel drive)... given i have a detroit locker in the 14b and a E locker in front d60... i can go just about anywhere. All parts for this setup was purchased at ORD ( minus the transfer cases, - those are from a local junkyard for 150.00 ) .
ORD Doubler 4:1 Dual Transfer Case, NP205-NP203 - Fullsize 4x4 Parts

Attachments

cajuninmn

Bringing down property values since 2011

Nothing feels better than being 18 and blowing all of my money on military vehicles... and college... I guess... I'll be putting BFG 33s on the m1009 and repainting the m1028 tan with black trim this spring! Take that rich suburban kids driving daddy's sierra!

Attachments

my86m1009

Nothing feels better than being 18 and blowing all of my money on military vehicles... and college... I guess... I'll be putting BFG 33s on the m1009 and repainting the m1028 tan with black trim this spring! Take that rich suburban kids driving daddy's sierra!
I'm 18 too, I've had my m1009 for a week now and have spent about 300 so far on little things. Just can't wait to lift it.

cajuninmn

I'm 18 too, I've had my m1009 for a week now and have spent about 300 so far on little things. Just can't wait to lift it.
Gotta love it! The little things do add up though... I was going to lift my m1009 but i just dropped a bench in the front and carpeted it... so I figured why not just by another truck instead being a lift and tires would run me about $2000?

rwoods

I just bought a 1086 m1008 today as I am thinking of downsizing from the M35A3. I haven't read the TM's yet but I have tried searching this forum regarding an electrical issue. The Gen 1 light glows brightly which you turn on the headlights. Also I notice that the battery 1 has a small draw with the ignition off and while disconnected from battery 2. The battey 2 end of the cable might have been touching the battery case but I don't think it was - I didn't have time to tear into it before dark. Any help would be appreciated.

I was a little surprised that the truck (has probably a 4" lift or less) with 285/75 tires sits higher than my M101A2/3 trailer with 37" tires.

Ron

Attachments

DrJekl

My 1986 M1031. Yes, it is a 1031. The bed is now a trailer. 91 grill, headlamps upgraded to run all four on high beam off the battery, WVO conversion, dual tanks, dual electric fans on the radiator, transmission and oil radiators from a 99 model Chevy pick up with a 6.5T. Also has a Gear Vendors OD unit, Warn Industrial winch, cool bumper made from an old ford, HMMWV and Jeep bumpers, tilt column, sliding rear glass, tool box, bed fuel tank, and 2500 series wheels for two cool points. If I can figure out how to economically do a 4L80E install, that is my next upgrade with a 6.5T when I get back from Korea.

Attachments