• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

tim292stro

View attachment 564387View attachment 564388What is this truck? I was told it was military. i do not think that is true. i think I may be being harassed by a friend. What do you think?
Nope, not military, that's just an F-150/F-250 (and I notice the crappy masking job they did for the rear tail-light) - and if your friend is pulling your leg, but wants to stick to his/her guns, offer to (*cough* test) "help get the dirt out of the grain of the CARC" by using acetone or D2 [thumbzup] - acetone will eat what I'm presuming is Plasti-Dip on that truck, and will start eating through the factory clear coat and paint color. D2 will take it straight down to metal. So really no, don't "help".

True Knight

That must've been such a pain to paint! Hours and hours and hours of stencil work! But it's a good example of why the pattern should be larger on a vehicle than on the service utilities. The small pattern doesn't really break up the lines of the vehicle like a larger pattern would.

CUCVLOVER

That must've been such a pain to paint! Hours and hours and hours of stencil work! But it's a good example of why the pattern should be larger on a vehicle than on the service utilities. The small pattern doesn't really break up the lines of the vehicle like a larger pattern would.
There was this guy I knew before he passed and he a had a philosophy about camouflage.
He said that, "a pattern is something that the eyes and mind can pick up on. But if your camouflage is just random earthy tones, and smudges with no two spots the same, the object becomes invisible".

Basically that anyway.

True Knight

There was this guy I knew before he passed and he a had a philosophy about camouflage.
He said that, "a pattern is something that the eyes and mind can pick up on. But if your camouflage is just random earthy tones, and smudges with no two spots the same, the object becomes invisible".

Basically that anyway.
That's pretty accurate. That's why the best performing camouflage only works in the exact area it was based off of. It's why snipers adapt their camouflage with the natural items in the exact spot they will be in. That would be a lot of work to do with a vehicle. Unless of course the camouflage is mud spray. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434460900.696799.jpg

Gunzy

Just won this one at auction last week. Now just waiting for EUC to clear. M1031 Contact truck w/12kw gen, air compressor and tools. And only 6845 miles with a confused camo job.476489_6002_159_0001.jpg476489_6004_0_0002.jpg476489_5983_0_0001.jpg

IMG_4036.jpgIMG_4041.jpgIMG_4069.jpg

I've been lifting my 1009 with an ORD 4'' kit and taking care of some other items... New Tuff Country springs on the front, new steering stabilizer, new ORD brake lines, steering box brace kit, drop pitman arm, a shackle flip on the rear, new spring bushings, new shocks, and a new fuel sending unit since I had the tank down. That picture of the truck is of the halfway point when I had the front done and I was turning it around to work on the rear.

burgertime

Never really post on here but I figured I would show off my m1009 that I purchased from a lurker here a few months ago. It's a been a daily driver and runs like a champ. Was having some shifting issues but noticed that there was one hose that hadn't been replaced (was very difficult to see) leading to the transmission pump. That fixed that problem.

ZVSqbxLl.jpg m1LiXWIl.jpg F9Su1vwl.jpg govkUmZl.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks