• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

Another Ahab

Thank you. It is an M332 ammunition trailer. Picked it up for $250. The pic was inroute home with it just day before yesterday. Only had to go about 100 miles to get it.
Oh, okay; I had seen one of these before but that was a photo from the back of the trailer; got it. Thank you!

Assel

Since we are in the - degrees in germany now I took the CUCV out for a Snow trip, brought some old, broken parts to the scrapyard and had some fun wheeling in the fresh snow. She started great up after about a month of sitting in the garage, smoked a bit for few seconds but then maintained a normal idle.
I can easily shift into 4h while moving (about 10-20mph) and no Problems so far, everything works fine DSC_0556.jpgDSC_0561.jpgDSC_0566.jpg

gottaluvit

Man it pulls great, the lighting connector even plugged right in and worked.
Good to know on the handling. So it had 12v bulbs or did you change them over? I think the humvees (what this trailer is designed to be pulled by) have 24v trailer socket unlike our cucvees. If your bulbs are a bit dim you could brighten them up with the right 12v replacements. They are bulbs number 97 and 1156.

I see you are from Summerville. There is a fellow ss member moving there that had been asking about schools in the Charleston area. I think he is set on Summerville. It is a nice town. I lived there decades ago for a stint. Still have family there. Welcome to the site. Nice collection by the way.

My truck is still 24 volt and all completely original, still has the M16 racks installed. The trailer is a m1101a2 it is the trailer designed for the HMMWV, you can find the trailers for 700-1200$ it is also 24 volt so the truck and trailer worked together perfectly even the infrared turn signals on the trailer work when I switch them over in the truck. These trailers also have a really nice surge brake system.
Tell your friend that Dorchester county which is where Summerville is supposedly has the best schools in the state, however I have mine in private school.

gottaluvit

My truck is still 24 volt and all completely original, still has the M16 racks installed. The trailer is a m1101a2 it is the trailer designed for the HMMWV, you can find the trailers for 700-1200$ it is also 24 volt so the truck and trailer worked together perfectly even the infrared turn signals on the trailer work when I switch them over in the truck. These trailers also have a really nice surge brake system.
Tell your friend that Dorchester county which is where Summerville is supposedly has the best schools in the state, however I have mine in private school.
I thought the only thing 24v on the cucv was the starter and glow plug system. Mine is all 12v lighting (stock). I had to put 12v bulbs in the M101A1 trailer I got for it.

I don't know the guy moving to Summerville. Only through the thread he had on his moving. He had someone already mention that about the schools.

Assel

Used my CUCV to rescue my K1500 ...it went really cold here and I wanted to make space for oncoming traffic on a small rural road...slipped right off the road and into the ditch, had to use sandsheets and salt (for the road to get grip) ...since all the roads were white and not salted yet I didnt hesitate to take the old CUCV for towing myself out :D 12417859_1098820970149765_5217210487218538944_n.jpg12417965_1098821270149735_6117668143730029815_n.jpgDSC_0588.jpgDSC_0587.jpg

on this vid you can see how icy & cold its over here, not the M1009 but atleast a 6.5td https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4vYKqAbp4

Another Ahab

Used my CUCV to rescue my K1500 ...it went really cold here and I wanted to make space for oncoming traffic on a small rural road...slipped right off the road and into the ditch, had to use sandsheets and salt (for the road to get grip) ...
I'm glad your recovery went smoothly, Assel.

That term "sandsheet" isn't common over here this side of the "pond"; what exactly is a sandsheet?

Assel

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks