• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

KoneZone

I'm a new member. Wanted to say hi and post a photo of my M1009. After tracking the market for what seemed like an eternity, I finally found one in my price range and local enough to me to pick it up and drive it home. It's my first CUCV, and I'm beyond excited to start some projects soon! It drives great. I picked it up from a mechanic who likes to work on these as a hobby and resell them, so it runs great.
528014_10151280371742097_1985640568_n.jpg

alburms311

I'm a new member. Wanted to say hi and post a photo of my M1009. After tracking the market for what seemed like an eternity, I finally found one in my price range and local enough to me to pick it up and drive it home. It's my first CUCV, and I'm beyond excited to start some projects soon! It drives great. I picked it up from a mechanic who likes to work on these as a hobby and resell them, so it runs great.
View attachment 411541
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new toy, you'll be addicted in no time:beer:

Dylan

I'm new to this site recently joined cause I got a 1986 M1028 and this site has helped me learn allot on these trucks as well as helped with a few problems i have had with it. so i'll share some pictures of my new baby.
DSCF4366.jpgDSCF4367.jpgDSCF4368.jpgDSCF4369.jpgDSCF4370.jpgDSCF4375.jpgDSCF4377.jpgDSCF4380.jpg

Dylan

I got it off some one else who imported it over to canada and fixed it up, he never drove it him self just bought it to sell, he also had a M1008 regular pickup but he sold that one before i had a chance to look at it, but most likely would not turn heads as much as this one does. so far it's running pretty good only needed minor work, wiper blades and i had to fix the sprayer for the windshield and replace two belts. now I am working on the generator it has in the back, when i bought it, the generator had no gas left but he claimed it was functioning and it would turn over, with out buying gas i got it to run for a min with what little it had left then I got more gas and tried again it just made a clunk every time i tried to turn it over, kinda strange long story short seemed that it was low on oil and after fiddling I got it to turn over again but ended up making it backfire and maybe flooded the carb when I got more free time i am going to try at it again.

MilChevyguy

Great Dylan,

I would put some Seafoam through the generator and that will help clean up some of that fuel varnish that is in the carb. If you put in on the road and take it to shows post or PM me, maybe I can get my M1010 out to a show too!!

Dylan

not to sure what seafoam is but can look it up later, wont have time to work on generator for the next 7 days cause I gotta work 8 days straight right now at my job. and I already got the truck on the road attempting to use it as my daily driver, it's only attempting cause it would not start for me this morning. already replaced a battery and alternators seem to be putting out a charge. so my best guess is I got a short in one of the wires or bad luck happen to me and the very next day the other battery died on me, best case scenario for me is when I was working on it I moved it 4 times just around the parking lot did not run it for more then a min at a time, i only had to heat up the glow plugs once but I don't know if that can still drain a battery i doubt it tho. got a boost tonight and gave it a ride around for 30mins so maybe that will work for tomorrow. but if I do take it to any shows I'll let you know.

PETE BALLARD

M1028a1 cucv in plainfield,il

I thought i would post some pictures of the M1028A1 that i purchased last December. Today it is just passing 12,000 mile on the odometer had 11,378 when i bought it. Runs like a scalded dog!! Did a little light work on it, finally did the DogHead starter relay upgrade (thanks DogHead!!) mounted the spare tire back under the bed and cleaned out the cab.got together a small tool box for in back of the seat.Have already installed the "poor man's air conditioner" rear slider window.
Upgrades planed soon are to swap out the 400 trans for a 4l80-E,do some body work on the cab corners and to refresh the rust/cammo paint scheme, get some tunes playing.
I am also planning to remove the plow hookup and the operational electronis for the plow. Both units look relatively new, l doubt if the plow was installed more than 5 time in it's previous life. also coming off will be the emergeny beacon light and the shelter mounts. They are all for sale if anyone has interest.
This was the best item l bought in 2012!!! It's great to back in the Green!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks