• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your halftrack pictures

68t

These are 2 of my halftracks, m3 and t17. These pictures were made at shiloh military park, memorial day. If OK , please post your great halftrack pictures

Attachments

L999here

...1943 White M16 Multiple Gun Carraige

Just a few that have been posted on other threads. Have to rebuild the winch....

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These aren't mine, but I saved them on my computer from years back. Maybe someday I'll be one of the lucky few....

My friend Ralph got a halftrack for free! Lucky dog, even if it's just the metal and nothing else.

Attachments

68t

wow, thanks to everyone for the great pictures, send all the picture possible. I sure enjoy seem all of them.. Ok I wish , johnny, jason. and mark would post some halftrack pictures too. :beer:

captain-crank

Ok. So call me stupid but are half tracks considered street legal?
Stupid.;)

There are guys that have them titled/licensed and do drive them on public roads.

Why not?

They have rubber tracks, headlights , horn and windshield wipers.

Tail lights are legal but useless, no turn signals.

Personally speaking, to go any distance on a regular basis is goofy.

Track$ get eaten up on asphalt, they are not that fast and visibility is fair to poor.

Hottern' helll in the sun too. Like a 10 ton frying pan.

I do run mine to the bar in town on occasion but trailer it everywhere else.

It also gets about 3 miles to the gallon.

L999here

....which states...?

Got mine from gentleman in WI...he sold it because WI 'outlawed' them from public roads. He had rebuilt/restored at least (8) of the half tracks before he sold the M16 he was keeping for himself. Here in IN...everything is legal with the proper registration. But full,steel tracked vehicles are not allowed,to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

vettes

I am interested in how the halftrack is registered where it is road legal, make, model etc. Anyone with a road worthy track please private message me if you dont mind filling me in. Im looking to do it where i am.
Thanks,
Andy

midcounty

Wow, some really nice looking halftracks! I sure would like to have one some day, but don't know that I could ever get that in my budget :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks