• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting in Wrong Forum?

68t

There were 15,618 ww2 us army semi-tactical 5ton 4x2 coe trucks build, The trucks were build by international harvester. I own one of these trucks, also i am a friend of one of the ww2 veteran who drove them in the war.

captain-crank

It is just up to us mods. I am supposed to go in and check to make sure that this doesn't happen. I just forget sometimes and usually go in and move a whole mess of the ones that got put in the wrong place at one time.
Wouldn't an attempted fix be better than that time waster?

captain-crank

just a quiz, how many 5 tons were there in WW2? I know. he he he...
In addition to 68t's numbers........

Autocar U7144T and White 444T's were classed as 4-5 ton, the Autocar U8144T was classed as a 5-6 ton.

So I guess technically both would apply to your question. Anyway, here's some numbers.

Autocar/White production numbers:

7144 ..................... 11,104
444 ....................... 2751
8144 ..................... 2711
8144 van body ........607

Total......................~17,173

There were also a few wreckers built for the Army Air Corps and one experimental dump truck.

68427vette

I'm with captain crank,, the whole WWII section is ALL goofed up.
please try to fix,, I know crank and I are in about 3-5 foreums,, and would love to help this site grow. between crank and myself, i think we have ALL the WWII trucks.. at least the cool ones!!! lol.

add a few more TOPIC sections,(IN OTHER SECTIONS M SERIES), this 5 ton and larger wwi wwii SECTION IS ALL WRONG..

CRANK,, WHAT SHOULD BE ADDED FOR THE wwi wwii SECTION-- HEADERS(TOPICS) :

WWI SECTION-ALL
WWII DODGE -GORDON SITE COVERS THIS PUT LINK
VC
WC 1/2 TON
WC 3/4 - 1.5 TON

WWII CHEVY/ GMC -ALL -ADD LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS
SINGLE AXLE- M6 CHEVY BOMB ETC
DOUBLE AXLE,

WWII 4-5 TON
COE S!!!!

WWII 5 TON AND UP

WWII WRECKERS ALL

SAVE THE JEEP STUFF FOR THE G503.COM

jc -68427vette

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll see about adding some new categories for you guys, but in the meantime I changed the name of the forum to "WWI & II 5-ton and Larger" to keep the M-series guys in their own forum :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks